二十九點五

"hey hyung, where are you going?" namjoon asked, watching his friend hurriedly gather his things from the table.

seokjin stopped. "ah, sorry to end this lunch early, but i forgot i need to go meet up with my tutor." he told him, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"hey, jin hyung, are you still failing math?" yoongi asked, a disappointed look in his eyes.

"no!" the oldest defended, clicking his tongue at the platinum blond. "i've been doing much better lately." yoongi nodded, happy to hear that his friend was no longer in danger of falling behind.

"that's good," namjoon said. "it's that girl in our music class right?" the peach-haired boy tried to recall the girl's name and face. "the one with the chinese first name."

seokjin nodded. "yeah, seo yue." 

"have fun," yoongi wished. seokjin thanked them and looked at the time. 

"shit," he thought. he was going to be late.

-

yue had gotten to the tutoring center half an hour early. today, she didn't have anyone to teach before seokjin and was nervously sitting at a table near the window. the girl pulled out all of the notes she had. her classmate hadn't specified what he needed help in and she was too shy to ask, so she brought, well, everything.

"he usually pays attention when we do algebra," yue thought, tucking the notes she was looking at, back into a blue folder. "but he always zones out when we talk about statistics. that means he probably either dislikes it or struggles with it." she turned the statistics notes so that they were facing the seat across from her. "perfect." the brunette continued to narrow down the topics, using what she remembered seeing seokjin do in class as a reference.

when she was done, it was ten minutes past their meeting time.

"he's not coming," yue assumed. "i'm so stupid." her heart felt tight and she was ready to pack her bag back up until she heard quick-paced steps going up the stairs. the girl looked over and seokjin was bolting over to where she was. he stopped to check-in at the front and made eye contact with her. the boy mouthed her an apology and she waved her hands to silently let him know it was fine.

the broad-shouldered male approached the table in awe. all of the notes were organized neatly in front of him. seokjin slowly set his backpack down. "hey, sorry for being late. i lost track of time," he explained, scanning the table. "wow, you really do a lot." yue wasn't sure if he meant it positively or negatively. 

"um, y-yeah," she stuttered. "taking notes keeps me focused."

"i wish i had that motivation," the boy joked, leaning back in his chair. "the only thing i do in class is try not to fall asleep." at these words, a sullen look crossed yue's face, and seokjin immediately corrected himself. "ah! b-but not anymore! i work harder now! i'm not letting your lessons go to waste," he frantically said.

the brown-haired girl giggled at his exasperated expression. he didn't need to explain himself. yue knew he was a hard-working person when it came down to it. "it's fine," she assured him. seokjin sighed in relief. he didn't want to make a bad impression on the only person who could get him through the class. he also liked that he made her laugh. 

"she's pretty when she laughs," the boy observed, before remembering he needed to stay focused. he began to rummage through his bag, looking for the homework assignment he had struggled with the other day. when seokjin found it, he slid it on the table where they could both see it.

"um, i had some questions. can you help me with this part?" he said, leaning over to let her see the problems he was referring to. yue looked at what he was showing her and suppressed a smile.

"of course, sunbae." she gently took them from him and clicked her mechanical pencil. seokjin moved around so he could see the explanation she was writing. yue talked him through it and when she was done, handed it back to him to let him try again.

the dark-haired male answered it after thinking about what she had told him and was amazed when his tutor told him he got it right. "wow! statistics isn't as hard as i thought." seokjin said with a proud smile.

yue nodded in response. 

she loved how easy he was to read.

-

a/n: congrats to bts for billboard all-kill!!!