三十六點五

seokjin was sitting on his bed watching tv when he heard a knock at the door. he answered it to find a familiar face.

"oh, namjoon-ah, what's up?" the older asked, pleasantly surprised by his friend's sudden visit. but the other didn't seem to be in such an excited mood.

"hyung, is your phone still broken?" the peach-haired boy questioned, brows furrowed. seokjin nodded. he had been cellphone-less for the past two days and it was torture for the usually very socially active young man. "so you haven't been on instagram?" the older nodded again. namjoon sighed. "hyung, you should see this."

namjoon sat down at seokjin's desk and pulled up his instagram. he typed something up in the search bar.

"oh, it's our school's gossip page," seokjin said, looking over his friend's shoulder. the page was well-known for posting scandals, rumors, and updates about the students at their university.

"yeah, but look. this was put up last night." namjoon went to the most recent post. it was a photo of a girl with short, dyed hair and tattoos in a high school uniform. she was cockily sticking her tongue out and flipping off the camera.

"okay so? is she missing or something?" the older didn't understand why this was so important.

"no, hyung, look closer," namjoon urged, zooming in on the photo. "isn't this that the yue girl you know?" seokjin squinted and took the phone from his friend. the girl in the photo was in fact, his innocent-looking math tutor. he was shocked. the yue he knew had long brown hair, pale unblemished skin, and one of the most reserved personalities he had ever seen. he would've never imagined her posed like how she was in the photo. 

"woah," the older managed. namjoon nodded.

"and read the caption." seokjin scrolled further. the caption of the photo had a long blurb about how the photo was given to them by an anonymous sender and how that was what seo yue was like in her high school days. she was said to be the type who "skipped class all of the time and got into fights." the post went on about all of the things she had done in detail.

seokjin didn't want to read this. he swept all of the way down to see if there was anything else, and a few setences caught his eye. 

"yue left before her last year of school. sources say she finally got caught for some legal trouble and her parents sent her away for a year as punishment. now she's back on campus acting like a sheep when she's really a wolf in sheep's clothing," he read aloud, gripping the phone tightly. seokjin didn't understand who could have ever sent something like this. "this is awful," he said, handing namjoon back his phone.

"yeah, she must be feeling terrible," namjoon agreed.

"i can't believe some jerk would really do this. like, for god's sake we're in college now. no one should even care right?" seokjin asked.

"you'd think but..." the younger gulped and showed his hyung the screen again. the account had thousands of followers and the post had already garnered numerous likes and comments.

"fuck," seokjin cursed. "this is so stupid. crap, i should check in on her, right?" the light-haired boy shrugged. 

"i mean, yeah. you're kinda close with her, right?" namjoon questioned. the older nodded. "and hyung, she doesn't seem to have a lot of friends. so i think you probably should." seokjin nodded at the younger's thoughts.

"yeah. i'll go do that," he agreed. seokjin put on his sneakers and he and namjoon both left the room. the latter to go get lunch, seokjin to see his tutor.