~unfortunate events~

"Oh my god, Tae hyung, I swear you like the guy!" Kai giggled as he shoved Taehyun into the art room. The older rolled his eyes as he tried to catch his balance, shaking his head at the younger's exclamation.

"I'm just interested, Kai."

Beomgyu's ears perked up at their voices but his heart fell when he heard their words. I mean, what did he expect. Comparing Beomgyu to Taehyun was like comparing black to white in the older's eyes. Taehyun was this brilliantly smart, athletic, and social masterpiece that all the girls and guys fawned over and the teachers couldn't help but adore. He lit up the room whenever he walked in with his quiet and strong personality. Beomgyu, on the other hand, was this back-of-the-classroom kid that wore dark simple clothes and had very few friends. Sure, the teachers appreciated him because he turned in his work on time and made good grades but he never spoke up in class so they sometimes forgot he was there. So why, on all of the earth, did Beomgyu think there was a tiny chance, Just maybe, that Taehyun liked him. Or at least they had a chance. But Beomgyu did know one thing. Whoever that person was that Taehyun might like, was one lucky guy.

The boy was snapped out of his thoughts when the usual squad sat down around him, with the absence of Yeonjun who was pulled away from President duties. Honestly, even after all the time, they have hung out and even the past weekend, Beomgyu still felt a little awkward around the three, wishing Yeonjun was there with him to keep the conversation flowing.

"Oh? Who does little Taehyunie like~?" Soobin teased, wiggling his eyebrows at the younger as he unpacked his lunch. The aforementioned rolled his eyes, smacking Kai's shoulder in irritation, his face a bright red.

"One, Kai this is your fault. Two, I don't like him, I'm just interested, and three, why the hell would I tell any of you?" He asked, throwing a glare around the table. Beomgyu Shot his hands up in response, a small smile sliding over his disappointment.

"I will have you know, I am an innocent bystander. I had nothing to do with this~" he sang, giggling when Soobin slapped his shoulder and the other two rolled their eyes. Taehyun chuckled and shook his head, wagging his finger at the older.

"I sincerely doubt you're as innocent as you seem, Beomgyu hyung." The older just shrugged and threw him a wink before returning his gaze to his papers, allowing the slowly fading smile to drop completely.

If he kept looking up he would've seen Taehyun's cheeks flush red and him look away, flusteredly as Soobin and Kai teased him silently, shit-eating grins decorating their faces. 'Shut up,' he mouthed, slapping the other two lightly as to not draw the artist's attention. They just shook their heads, giggling to themselves, leaving Taehyun as red as his hair.

Suddenly, the door opened and slammed behind someone as they walked in, drawing all four boys' attention. The male that had just walked in was tall and broad, his sleeves clasped tight around his ripped arms and his pants showing serious muscle there as well. His dark brown hair was swept across his forehead, just hitting his eyebrows before stopping in a natural line. The boy's face was well defined, his eyes large, matching his nose and mouth, filling out his face beautifully and if Beomgyu didn't know who the guy was he probably would've liked him. However, unfortunately for him, he had the lovely pleasure of knowing the douche of the school, Jung Jaehyun (a/n: guys I love him don't worry, he was just the first name I thought of).

Beomgyu sighed and put down his pencil as he listened to the footsteps draw nearer, glancing around the table to meet confused faces. He understood why the three were conflicted, after all, Jaehyun was not known for his artistic abilities.

"Beom-"

"What do you want, Jung," Beomgyu interrupted him, slowly standing to face the taller. He really didn't want the others to see this so he motioned to the hallway, a tight lipped smile on his face. "Let's talk outside shall we?" First mistake. The senior smirked and glanced at Beomgyu's new friends.