~the letter~

The boys were back at lunch and while Taehyun and Kai were having a rather heated debate over if Oreos were considered sandwiches, Beomgyu and Soobin just watched them in amusement, their eyes dancing along with their laughs, throwing in their input when it was called for.

"Kai, they are literally called cookie sandwiches!"

"But it's not even bread?!"

"It doesn't have to be bread, it's just two things shoved together with something in between them!"

"That- IF THAT WAS TRUE THEN THREE PEOPLE SITTING BESIDE EACH OTHER WOULD BE A SANDWICH."

"I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT PEOPLE!"

"You said-"

"I know what I said, but my point is that it's legit an Oreo sandwich. It's a chocolate sandwich, therefore a sandwich."

"No-"

"GUYS!" A new voice screamed, snatching all their gazes towards it. Yeonjun stood at the door of the art room, the barrier is thrown wide beside him. He was sweating and panting as if he had run a marathon and in his hand clutched a crumpled white piece of paper. The most confusing thing for them was the wide smile on his face. Very few things made his eyes sparkle and eyes scrunch up like that.

"Guys, guys, guys," he continued, pattering over to them, jumping up and down every few steps.

"Junnie, what is it?" Soobin took the initiative, beaming, just happy to see his boyfriend so joyful. The older squealed and basically threw himself into the younger's lap, leaning his back into his chest and wrapping Soobin's arms around his waist. His eyes and smile, however, were directed towards Beomgyu.

The artist squirmed under the weighted gaze, not necessarily uncomfortable, just impatient. When the others noticed the look their heads twisted to join Yeonjun's in watching Beomgyu. When noticing the eyes have tripled, he sighed and glared playfully at his best friend.

"Hyung, what is it? Why are you looking at me like I'm an idol?"

Yeonjun grinned again and began to bounce on Soobin's lap like a child before the younger grabbed his boyfriend's hips and held him still. "I have a surprise for you~" He sang, waving the sheet of paper in his hand above his head. Beomgyu frowned and sat back, folding his arm around his stomach, the other one occupied in holding Taehyun's hand.

"I hate surprises from you."

"What do you mean?!"

"'I hAvE a SurPRiSe fOr YoU,' coming from your mouth can literally amount from 'I bought candy' to 'lol the world is ending,'" the dark-haired boy huffed, leaning closer to his boyfriend. Yeonjun frowned, a pout forming on his lips and he stilled once more.

"Just act excited, will you?"

"Is there a reason for me too?"

"Abso- fucking- lutley!" the eldest squealed, once again shifting around on Soobin's lap. "You'll be stunned! Amazed! Speechless! Shoo-"

Suddenly, his boyfriend grabbed his waist again, but this time leaned forward, his lips brushing against Yeonjun's ear. "I recommend you stop moving before we have a problem here," he huffed, before sitting back.

Immediately, the eldest froze, his face flushing an intense red as he glanced back at Soobin with wide eyes and slapped the younger's shoulder.

"EW, HYUNGS!" Kai screamed, covering his ears while Taehyun covered the youngest's eyes.

"We have children here!" Beomgyu added, waving his finger at the two oldest in disappointment.

"I AM A HOLY CHILD OF GOD," Kai continued to wail, "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU TWO DOING UNHOLY THINGS IN MY HOUSEHOLD!"