~the confession pt.1~

It took the boys all of five minutes to realize nothing would work.

"I'm serious, guys, I think he needs to go in there without a plan. The more authentic it is the more Taehyun will appreciate it."

"He will literally collapse."

"Thanks, Yeonjun Hyung."

"You will!!"

Beomgyu sighed and shoved his head into his hands. "I agree with Kai though. I shouldn't go in there with a script, if I do I'll forget it then I'll freeze, and then I'll make it ten times worse."

Yeonjun frowned for a second then nodded, giving his friend a once-over. "That's true... Okay so maybe you're right to go in there without a script... but Gyu you have to be prepared."

"What do you mean?"

"Well," he hesitated, a sad smile adorning his lips, "he's hurt. He feels betrayed and lied to. You knew he was struggling with who he liked and it was you the whole time-"

"Yeah but I-"

"Gyu, I know you didn't know, because you're an idiot. And I know you had your reasons because you're my best friend. But you have to explain that to him calmly. But also authentically. Understand his side and then develop onto yours. Go in there with a level head."

"If he's crying I'll start crying."

"I- I know you will but besides that."

"I'm just saying if he's emotional, I'm throwing my level head out a window."

Soobin and Kai chuckled before both stepped forwards and pulled the artist into a hug. "Gyu, just breathe," Soobin murmured, laying his head on Beomgyu's shoulder, "it'll be okay."

"Yeah!" Yeonjun cheered, joining the hug. "What my wife said!"

"Why you-"

"Hyung now's not the time," Kai giggled before pulling away from the hug and placing his hands on the artist's shoulders. "Beomgyu Hyung, Tae is reasonable... normally. It'll be okay, okay? After all, one thing we learned from this whole thing was that he does, in fact, like you. I think if this talk goes well it'll be okay."

Beomgyu sighed and nodded, offering up a hesitant smile. "Yeah maybe."

"Now, since lunch is ending in thirty minutes, you should probably go now." (A/N: my school lunches are an hour long so I based it off of that.)

"O-okay," the younger whispered, nodding. He began to walk away in the direction Taehyun ran in before freezing and turning back.

"Wait where would he be?" The others stopped their quiet conversation that had begun before they all burst out laughing.

"God you two are so much alike," Kai giggled. "I recommend the roof."

"O...Kay?" The artist murmured, sending a small wave at them before marching off in the direction of the boy he likes.

Beomgyu finally made it to the stairwell that led up to the roof, the same one that Taehyun stood at a day before. He sighed, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, before raising his foot and beginning his climb up the stairs. Every step he took seemed to make his gut twist more and more and by the time he was at the top, he could barely muster the courage to continue. His hand was shaking as he reached out for the handle, but then again, lately, when was it not.

He took one more deep breath before he shoved the door open, slipping onto the roof and closing it gently behind him. Glancing around, the boy took a few steps forward, all his attention bent on spotting the red-headed boy that seemed to captivate his mind so much lately.

It took him a few moments to make out the quiet sniffs drifting his way from above. A small, sad smile climbed onto his face as he turned back and looked up at the overhang above the door. I'm getting déjà vu, he thought, moving to the ladder and beginning to climb up.

The boy only hesitated for a second before climbing up the last rung of the ladder, laying his arm on the concrete ledge to pull the rest of his body up. He twisted to where his feet were hanging off the ledge and his butt was sitting on the floor, taking a moment to catch his breath before glancing over at the boy a few feet away.

Taehyun was curled up where Beomgyu was the day before and had his knees pulled up to his chest, his arms wrapped around them and his head shoved into his knees. He looked so small and vulnerable and the artist knew that he had done this. This was his fault and that realization sent a whole new wave of guilt crashing in over his body.

"Tae," he whispered hesitantly, his hands clenching and unclenching in his lap. "Tae c-can I come sit by you?"

It took a moment for a response but slowly the boy nodded his head, although Beomgyu could barely see it since his face was still stuffed into his knees. "Okay," he whispered, slowly standing and moving to sit by the younger. He gave him a foot or so of space so that he didn't suffocate the boy. He was well aware that the fact the redhead allowed him to be this close was a miracle.

A moment of silence fell upon them and the two sat there, one staring at his knees and the other staring out over the overhang and onto the city. But silence can only be handled for so long and soon, Beomgyu sighed and laid his head against the concrete wall behind him, shutting his eyes.

"Taehyun," he murmured gently, his hands wringing in his lap, "I'm going to tell you why I did this. I'm going to give you my excuses and my reasons and after that, you can scream at me out all you wish. I'm sure you want silence right now, but this is the best time for me to explain myself, so, unless you interrupt me... I'm going to talk."

The artist waited for a response or a signal but he got none from the redhead beside him, so he took a deep breath, and began to speak.

To be continued... (it's already published lol don't worry)