Chapter 3: Adora

I slam the door to my locker. If I get one more tardy that means detention. It's not like I mean to be late. But Glimmer likes to make it a habit to talk to me about her relationship problems in-between classes.

"But anyways so Bow told me that Perfuma had like a huge crush on him. And I dunno it's just like he sounded so excited when he said it...it made me feel kind of angry? But like not jealously. I tooootally don't like him. Well ya know more than a friend."

She continues on and on. I occasionally nod and murmur small responses. She groans and throws her hands in the air.

"Ugh! Adora, what should I do?" I come back to reality.

"Umm..."

Riiiiiing!

Saved by the bell.

And then it hits me.

"Oh shoot! We're late." I say. Glimmer doesn't move a muscle.

"Uh, Glimmer." She nods.

"I know, I know. I'll catch up with you." I purse my lips.

"If you need me to stay behind I can." I know this is selfish but I really hope that she lets me go to class. Miss. Weaver is already going to kill me because I got detention but if I actually skipped a class...

"No, it'll be fine, Adora." I frown and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You sure." She gives me a small smile.
"I'm sure." I nod and rush down the hallway.

Bam!
"What the hell? Watch where your go- "

Black combat boots, Fishnet tights, A My Chemical Romance shirt along with a striped one. And the thing that gives it all away, a set of dangerously alluring hetero-chromatic eyes.

No way.

"Catra?!" She looks me up and down and then leans against a locker. Her lips turn up into a mischievous smirk.

"Heeey Adora." I feel a blush spread across my face.

Don't say something stupid, Adora.

"W-what are you doing here?" I mentally face palm myself.

She chuckles in amusement.

Wow, I missed that laugh.

The thought takes me by surprise. I shake my head and hug my binders closer to my chest.

"What does it look like? I go to school here." I rub the back of my neck and feel my face turn a million shades brighter.

"Uh, right." I let out a nervous laugh; which to my surprise brings a little bit of a smile to her face.

"Well, I should get going." I say; walking past her. I can feel her stare as I walk away.