Chapter 15: Adora

I sneak out of the house; being extra careful so that I don't wake up Miss.Weaver. I need to talk to Catra. Something just feels so...wrong. This anxious feeling that has been clawing at my chest for about an hour now. I can't place it.

I have all of my assignments finished, Miss.Weaver is asleep, Glimmer and Bow seem to be fine. Maybe it's just my nerves from today's fight. But whatever it may be, I need to see Catra.

She deserves an explanation.

My head is full of thoughts.

The wind seems to slice through my jacket; causing me to be a shivering mess by the time to my destination.

A hug from Catra would be so amazing right about now.

The scene from earlier replays in my head.

I'm such an idiot.

All she wanted to do was help and maybe she can without her getting hurt.

A sense of hope fills my heart; lighting up the darkness but not enough. It will never be enough unless I fix things.

A jeep pulls out of a driveway; almost hitting me in the process. I come back to reality and notice that it was Catra's Jeep.

"Now, where is she going in such a hurry?"

I rush to the house. Maybe Glimmer knows.

"I haven't seen her since the fight. She's been in her room for like the whole night." Glimmer says; stretching and rubbing her eyes.

The realization sinks in. I feel the blood drain from my face. I dart up and run out of the house.

"Adora, what's going on?!" I hear Glimmer yell before I slam the door.

I waste no time and run down to the place that I know she is and I pray that it isn't too late.

I finally reach the river.

"Catra! Catra!" Sweat runs down my back and down my forehead.

Where is she?

I search around frantically.
"Catra! Catra, please! Where are you?" I run a hand through my messy ponytail. Tears spill down my face. My whole frame is shaking.

She should be here. She has to be.

I run farther; my muscles ache horribly and my chest feels like fire is consuming it. It's becoming so much harder to breath. But I have to find her.

Up ahead I see a twisted and broken guard rail.

No, she didn't. It's probably just from a former accident.

But I know that's not the case. My heart fills with dread and I rush to the scene.

And then I see it, a Jeep that is struggling to keep afloat in the rushing body of water.

A loud gasp escapes me.

"I'm coming, Catra!" And without another thought I jump.