Chapter 4: Catra

I watch her as she swiftly walks towards class.

Damn, I forgot how mesmerizing you can be.

Ugh! Catra stop! You can't think like that.

But...why not? Maybe it can work out again maybe we will be ok-

No! You can't get hurt again.

My face falls. I shake my head.

Snap out of it! Your becoming denser than Adora.

The thought makes me laugh a bit. She's such an idiot. I feel my lips curl into a smile.

And then I realize where I am. Standing in a ghost town of a hallway.

I look down at my schedule and after minutes of searching I finally find my class.

"Ah, Catra is it? Nice of you to finally join us." A lady with raven hair says; sarcastically.

I scoff and take my seat. I'm really not in the mood.

I look around taking in my classmates.

A dark-skinned boy with a crop top and a killer fashion sense, Sparkles, A scrawny boy with feathery hair, and

Oh. My. Gosh.

I take a deep breath and even laugh a little; causing a few worried glances.

Of course.

Adora.

I've just gotta get through this day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Detention! And on your first day too. What a shame."

"Heh, not the first time I've heard that one."' Mr. Lockhart stops and whirls around to face me.

"What was that?" I gulp and shake my head.
"Nothing." He gives me the stink eye and continues teaching.

I stick my tongue out at him when his back is turned. Childish, I know but I really couldn't pass up the opportunity.

The rest of the day goes by without a hitch. I gulp as the bell releases us. I don't know why I am so nervous I mean I should be used to detention by now.

I find the classroom. Taking a deep breath; I walk inside.

"Name?" A monotone voice says.

"Uh, Catra Simmons." I hand him the pink slip that I was given. He nods and hands it back to me.

I examine the room before taking a seat. A clock that hasn't moved a bit, about a thousand complex spider webs, and a stupidly beautiful blonde girl who seems to be everywhere that I am.

"Oh, come on!" I whisper. I sit behind her and tap her on the shoulder.

She stiffens at my touch. I quickly pull my hand back.

She turns around; her face a bright shade of pink.

"Oh, um. Hi Catra." I smirk and cross my arms over my chest.

"Hey, Adora." Her face turns a shade brighter. And for some reason I feel accomplished.

"I'm quite perplexed. How in the world did a goody two shoes like you make it into a sanctuary for people like me?"

She looks around and cocks an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't exactly call this place a sanctuary." I laugh a little and shake my head.

"Well, when you're in the place so much it feels like home...ya might change your mind." She chuckles nervously.

"Oh, yeah your right...I guess." She rubs the back of her neck.

And to be honest...I hate this. I hate not being close to her. I hate being so awkward; as if we never knew each other. As if every beautiful and vulnerable moment between us was simply erased.

But I guess that's how it has to be. Love never lasts...right?

(Hey, Guys! I am sorry that the chapters have been short lately. I am trying to get some chapters out of the way before big events in the story...just so that there is a build up? Uh, I don't really know how to explain but I will try and make them longer. Thanks for reading! Have a great day!)