Chapter 25: Adora

(Above is the song that Catra was singing. I forgot to add it last chapter.)

I approach her door. Glimmer told me what had happened. A familiar raspy voice fills my ears.

I feel a smile form as I press my ear to the door.

~Hey, wait!

I've got a new complaint. Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

Hey, wait! Oh, I've got a new complaint.

Her euphonious voice floods my senses. The emotion pouring from every melodious lyric. Her heart is being torn open through every chord she strums and every word she sings.

~Meat-eating orchids forgive no one...just yet.

Cut myself on angel's hair and baby's breath.

Broken hymen of your highness, I'm left black.

Throw down your umbilical noose, so I can climb right back.

At this point her voice fills the house; nothing is holding her back.

~Hey wait!

Iv'e got a new complaint!

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

Oh, your advice.

I haven't heard that beautiful voice in 10 years. Tears sting my eyes. I've always known that music was something very...personal to Catra. When she sings, she sings with everything she has; every emotion is heard clearly through her voice. And that is the only time that she is easy to read.

Which is why...she never sings around anybody. It makes her too vulnerable.

I sit down and lean my back onto the door. I feel a smile spread across my face as I close my eyes and savor the music.

As the song comes to a close, she gasps.

I feel the door give way behind me and I fall onto my back; staring straight into a pair of curious heterochromatic eyes.

I smirk.

"Hey, Catra." A faint blush appears on her cheeks.

"Stalker." She snickers. She holds out her hand and helps me up.

"I was not stalking you." She cocks an eyebrow.
"Oh, yeah? Then why were you right outside my door?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Uh, because I wanted to check on my best friend." Her face flushes and she look down at the floor.

"You.... you heard me, didn't you?" I wince and nod.

Here comes another argument. I take a deep breath.

"Good song isn't it?" I look up at her and tilt my head.

"What?" She rests a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Look...Adora...it's okay if you hear me sing now. But only you, okay?" A huge smile spreads on my face.

I wrap my arms around her neck and pull her into a hug.

Her body goes rigid. I almost pull back but before I do, she hugs me back; so tight that I can barley breathe.

"You have such a beautiful voice, you know that?" We drop the embrace and her face turns a light shade of pink.

"Yeah, yeah. Just never record me, okay?" She ruffles my hair and I laugh.
"Fine."

I shove her and she giggles. Butterflies swarm in a frenzy.