Chapter 1

Randall said" Okay, so you're staying in a dorm... against all of my bitching, thank you."
I said" We've had to share a room before, and we almost killed each other... this time we both have claws and fangs and-and..."
" Super strength."
" And super stength. We will want to kill each other by the end of the first week."
" You're right, but... what if-"
" If I need you, we have these devices that can instantly get in contact with each other called phones!"
" Will you at least stay the night sometimes?" He pouted, looking at me, I laughed,
" Fine, you big puppy." He smiled and ruffled my hair," I hate you."
" I know. Love you too, baby."
" Is Hamish still trying to act like he can control our wrestling?"
" Very much."
" We gonna prove him so wrong?"
" Definitely!" He smiled and kissed my head," I gotta go, I'll see you later, don't do anything stupid, please."
" Fine, fine, I'll refrain from the stupid until I get back, idiotic."
" For you going for english major, you use small words."
" Because you have a small brain." His mouth gaped,
" Nice comeback!" We high-fived, he smiled," Like you actually got me on that one... I'm impressed." I laughed, smiling," And it kinda hurt me a little... I'm gonna go-go cry now." He fake cried," Bye, squirt."
" Bye, humongous." He put down my box," Thanks for carrying my stuff!"
" I'm your mule, what do you expect me to do?" He walked away, I smiled and looked at my outfit,

" He put down my box," Thanks for carrying my stuff!" " I'm your mule, what do you expect me to do?" He walked away, I smiled and looked at my outfit,

I walked to the meeting stop of where campus tours were. I saw a guy ready for a fight, he was definitely from the town, mainly because he didn't look like most of the stuck-up dudes I've already encountered. The stuck-up dude pushed the townie again,
Townie said" Just asking a question."
Stuck-up said" You ask too many fucking questions!"
" I don't want any trouble. Okay?"
" Too late." Stuck-up tried to punch Townie and Townie dodged, once again Stuck-up punched, Townie blocked. Townie then flipped Stuck-up... nice.
Stuck-up's friend said" Whoa, hey, hey, dick!"
Townie said" You do not want to be second man in."
A girl said" God, I love the smell of testosterone in the morning. It smells like... stupidity."
" I, uh... It's just a misunderstanding, for which I apologize." He pulled Stuck-up on his feet," Are we good?" Stuck-up slapped his hand,
He said" Fucking good, man." The two stuck-ups walked away,
The girl said" They say college is where you meet your true friends. Apparently, it's also where you meet your best enemies."
Townie said" Sorry about that. I'm Jack."
" Uh, hi, Jack. I'm just trying to give a tour, so..."
" Right. Yes."
" Okay. Well, welcome, everyone, and congratulations on your acceptance to Belgrave University. I'm Alyssa Drake and I'll be your tour guide today. Sitting on over 500 acres of land, Belgrave University is considered by many to be a city within a city. It's hard to believe that at one time the university consisted of a single building, and this whole area was farmland, providing the vegetables for the school's cafeteria." Jack raised his hand," Ha, look at that. We have a question... already."
" I thought they didn't have a garden until the second World War."
" You are correct. It was a victory garden tended by the agricultural students."
" And before that it was a forest, wasn't it?"
" Would you like to guide this tour?" Jack shrugged,
" Sure." He walked up front," Er... Ethan Belgrave, the university's namesake and benefactor, made his fortune as a privateer in the continental Navy, which makes us the only university ever to be founded by a pirate. Come on. More fun stuff this way." We followed him, oh, this is gonna be interesting.

Jack said" This way. Catch up. Now, behind me is Belgrave Hall, which is both the oldest and most haunted building on campus. There have been eight different ghosts spotted here. But the one to watch out for is the Screaming Lady."
Alyssa said" Screaming Lady?"
" Yeah, the screaming lady, murdered right here over 200 years ago. Her ghost still wanders the hall, screaming, bloody murder, looking for her killer. Now, for those of you who can read, the library is this way."

We got to the library,
Alyssa said" I can take it from here. Okay. The McGrath reference library is home to the world's largest collection of anthropodermic bibliopegy, books bound in human flesh." Everyone started murmuring and gasping," Just a sec. Er... And-"
Jack said" Also... it is believed to be the home of Belgrave University's own secret society, The Hermetic Order of the Blue Rose. Some say that there's a temple hidden in the basement. Past members include presidents, captains of industry, and more than one celebrity. Come on." We all followed Jack...

Jack said" And that is why the Albrecht Chemistry Department has most student pregnancies per department. And that brings us back to where we started, concluding our tour." I walked away, leaning against a tree as I saw Randall and smelled Randall coming this way. I saw him stop in front of Alyssa and Jack,
He said" Man! Will you two sleep together already? Everyone on campus is talking. You're like the Jim and Pam of Belgrave. Hi. Randall Carpio. And you are?"
Alyssa said" Leaving. By the way, everyone knows the order is fake news. The library doesn't even have a basement." I walked to Randall, she walked away from them,
" Ouch! Architecture burn!" He saw me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder." Come on. Let's grab a beer." We walked to the tavern, Jack following behind us," Oh, this is Rachel, my younger sister." I smiled at Jack, slightly tripping as Randall took bigger steps than me... definitely on purpose.
——
Randall said" You're over 21, right? Kidding! I don't give a shit."
Jack said" Thank you."
" Cheers. Look, man. I wouldn't take her rejection too hard. You never stood a chance. She would have bailed the second she saw your Star Wars bed sheets."
" I'm not interested in her." He looked at the stuck-ups over behind us,
" You into him or her?"
I said" Or the other him?" We went to point, Jack slapped our hands down,
We both said" Ow!"
Jack said" What do you know about the Hermetic Order of the Blue Rose?"
Randall said" It's a crock of shit."
" I think they may have been recruited, and I'm trying to figure out what they have in common."
" Besides being... elitists assholes? Hi."
" Hey, a lot of good people are members. Michelle Obama, Warren Buffett, Oprah."
" You know who's also supposed to be members? Bad people, like Benito Mussolini, George W. Bush. Oprah."
" For someone that doesn't believe, you sure know a lot about them."
I said" He's Wikipedia smart." Just as Randall said the same,
Randall said" I'm Wikipedia smart. Look, even if they do exist... I wouldn't get your hopes up."
Jack said" Why is that?"
" They want sheep. You've got a mind of your own."
" Yeah. Well, who wouldn't want unlimited power? Thank for the beer. See you around." He got up,
" Sounds good." Randall stared at him, I looked at Randall,
I said" Seriously?" Randall shrugged, I sighed," If I leave you for a few hours, don't do anything stupid, okay?" He hummed," That's not... oh, god, okay, yep."
——
I was at the den, trying to wash paint out of my hair, I was whining as I tugged at my strands. Lilith walked in, she laughed,
I said" You laughing is making this slightly better... but can you please help me or I swear I'm getting a razor and shaving my head. And you know how much I love my hair, don't make me shave my head."
Lilith said" How are you that good at guilty persuasion?"
" I lived with an older brother for most of my life!"
" Alright, come on." She grabbed my hairbrush and we walked into the living room. I sat on the floor between her knees, she started brushing through my hair. Hamish walked in,
He said" What happened?"
I said" Paint mishap, you can laugh, it was hilarious, but now I can't get it out of my hair and I threatened to shave my own head."
" I'll make us drinks. Where's Randall?"
" And once again, he may be my mule... but he's not my puppy, I have no idea."
" Why do you call him your mule, anyways?"
" Oh, because he will carry me or anything I want him to carry because he lost a bet and now he has to be my mule for the rest of our lives."
" I shouldn't have asked. I don't want to know any more."
" Good choice." I yelped as Lilith pulled hard at a strand of hair," Ow! A little warning wouldn't hurt!"
She laughed" Shut up."