Bite

POV: Louis Partridge

When Mr. Brown first announced we were going on the trip with the Northridge Girls, there were mixed reactions. No matter how much the guys at my school kept saying they didn't want to go on this trip, everyone was excited even if they didn't show it.

Finally sitting down those uncomfortable chairs in the lobby of the airport, I took started to look around.Elian was no where to be seen which was strange since he never late. Especially for events like this, he always nags me about be late to events so this is unusual for him to not be here.

As I stared around the room to try and find Elian, I could see more and more people walking in the airport. Small circles were forming in the lobby, the girls and boys sparing glances and glares, chitchatting away about one another. There was a weird tension in the air, even though there were a lot of people and noise, it felt oddly quiet between us. My eyes found the ground but soon a voice called out my name causing me to look up.

"Hey man," Ethan Jones, one my teammates called out.

"Uh hey," I said with a smile.

"You looked lonely so I thought I would come up to."

He is very passive-aggressive. We've always had a bit of rivalry. Ever since I became the captain of the football team and one of his girlfriends dumped him for me, everything between us has been a competition. I did accept the captain position but not the girl, even though Ethan isn't someone I would call a friend I would still not do something like to him.

"Thank you for checking up on me," I explained with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

Chucking, he looked away but continued.

"Well um," he voiced out but someone called out his name from across the room. Both looking at the direction of the boys a person was signalling him to come there.

"Um we'll finish this later I have to go now, I'll see you later." He explained as he got up to leave.

"I guess so."

"Are you guys going to be like that the whole time," Elian said from behind. "Because that well....um....weird."

"I don't know maybe," I said as I turned around to look at him. "Now where have you been? You're never late."

"I've been here this whole time, if you checked your phone you would see a THOUSAND messages I sent you." He explained in a frustrated manner.

"My bad, my phone must be on silent," I said with a grin.

"Uh-huh," he commented as he walked over to sit next to me. "Did you hear how we're picking who we're going to sit next to on the plane?"

"We can choose who we want to sit next too?" I asked

"Nope. So the teachers have put names into hats and everyone is going to be picking out a paper from the hat and that's who your sitting buddy is." He explained.

"I don't know how this is going to go down."

"I think it'll be interesting," He said his eyes glancing around the room but suddenly coming to a stop. "Oh my....is that the girl from the coffee shop?" he explained as his eyes fixated on her.

and the simp is back.

"We should make a deal, not to simp for the whole time we're here."

"Your just rude."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

My eyes looked back at the first girl we saw at the coffee shop. Her while, flowing skirt was hiding under her big grey sweater with white sneakers to finish the look. The clothes complemented her body very well, her high ponytail flattered her high cheekbones. She looked cute.