4

~Delilah's POV~

I slouched on my bed, listening to the sound of the TV playing in the background as I stared up at the ceiling. It was late, but I just couldn't find it in me to fall asleep yet.

Huffing, I rolled over onto my right side and buried my face into my pillow, hoping that I would be able to force myself into falling asleep eventually as I squeezed my eyes shut. It didn't work; if anything it just made me feel even more restless. I must have tossed and turned in bed for another hour before I heard my phone vibrate on my nightstand. The only reason I knew it wasn't Kailee or Juliana was because it only went off once, which meant it couldn't be either of them because they like to text multiple times in a row.

Tate: I saw u talking 2 the new dood in PE. Wut happened?

His text lingo made me cringe a little, but I didn't linger on the atrocious-ness of it for very long. I hadn't known that he'd seen me with the other guy. I still don't know his name, and neither do Juliana or Kailee, so it's not like I can ask them.

To Tate: He was making fun of my scooby doo fruit snacks! :(((((

Tate: hahaha told u not to bring those, you look like a kid enough w/out eating children's snacks.

My jaw dropped at his words, a little bit offended. I didn't think I looked like a kid! I knew I had a rather innocent, baby-looking face, but that was the only thing that would've made anyone say I looked like a kid. There was no other part of me to warrant that!

To Tate: I'm never going to share my food with you again if you say that again

I couldn't help but to giggle at my absolutely perfect threat, knowing he liked to raid my pantry for snacks when the three of them came to my house. Apparently he wasn't allowed to buy the type of junk food for himself that I bought for myself, because his parents wanted to keep him from eating too much garbage. So he would sneak my food when he was here, because he couldn't get it elsewhere, but I didn't mind.

Tate: no!!! pls I'm soz Dell!!!!!!!!

A snort left me and I just texted him back a smiley face, glancing at the time only to find that it was past twelve AM. I pressed the call button and Tate picked up within ten seconds, making me smile in amusement. "I'm sorry! Don't take away the food!" He whined through the phone, his desperate tone earning a giggle from me. "I won't, I won't." I assured, being sure to keep my voice down so that neither of my parents would hear me. I didn't want to get in trouble for being on the phone so late, when I was supposed to be sleeping already.

"What are you still doing awake, though? You drink too much coffee or something?" I asked him, curious. Tate never really texted this late, and if he did I was already long since asleep. "Nah." He grumbled, letting out a huff. I assumed that, like me, he was supposed to be asleep by now because he was suddenly a little less rambunctious. "My bed is just uncomfortable as shit. I think I need a new mattress." He told me. I frowned, feeling a little bad for him. "You should ask your parents if it's okay to get a new one. I'm sure they wouldn't mind." I suggested, curling up underneath my blankets.

"Never mind that." He chuckled, pushing the subject away all of the sudden. "Can't believe that you managed to talk to the new dude before Kailee or Juliana could track him down and interrogate him about the color of his favorite underwear." He teased, making my cheeks flush.

"It wasn't necessarily like we were talking. He just made fun of my scooby doo fruit snacks, I told you that. And then he called me childish and left." I huffed, pouting at the memory. Instead of trying to say something to convince me that I wasn't, Tate decided the appropriate response would be to just laugh, like he found it hilarious. "Tate!" I huffed, furrowing my brows in frustration. "Stop laughing at me, this isn't funny! He was mean!" I grumbled.