10

~Delilah's POV~

On Monday morning, I got up and completed my usual morning routine—showering, putting on my little bit of makeup, brushing my hair, and then getting dressed last.

I pulled on my underwear and decided to wear a strapless bra, since my top was off-the-shoulder. It was light blue with cute teddy bears and pink balloons on it. My light wash denim jean shorts were a little bit tight on me, but thankfully they were long enough that it was still appropriate. I hopped around to pull on my socks and then slid on my white converse, looking at myself in the mirror when I left my closet fully dressed. It looked cute enough to me. Not that I really have anyone to try to impress, though, so I doubt it matters much if it's cute.

As I was uncapping my perfume I heard a bunch of hard knocks on the front door, making me furrow my brows. Nobody ever came to houses this early in the morning, so I highly doubted that it was just a door to door salesperson. Thoroughly confused, I stalked over to my bedroom window and peaked through the blinds, as I had a direct line of sight down to the front porch. I could easily see who was on the porch if someone came knocking at the door and I didn't feel like going all the way there to see who it was, kind of like now.

My jaw slacked in surprise when I saw Luke's familiar face, looking rather grumpy as he leaned impatiently against the porch railing and stared at my front door.

I pushed down too hard on the sprayer of my perfume, spritzing some right into my stupidly open mouth. I burst into coughs, flinching away from the blinds as my mouth went incredibly dry and the taste of alcohol and perfume sat in my mouth. I set my perfume down and grabbed my backpack, still sputtering as I ran down to the front door, wondering what he could be doing here so early. Maybe he had forgotten something here when he left on Saturday? But why wait until Monday to come get it?

Luke still had that annoyed look on his face when I flung open the front door, shooting me an exasperated look. "Geez, it took you long enough. How long you plan to make me wait on you every morning?" He grunted, causing me to blink up at him, totally lost. "What?" I asked, cocking my head to the side curiously. I had no idea what he was talking about.

He raised a brow at me, losing that annoyed expression to replace it with an equally confused one as mine. "Your parents didn't tell you?" He asked, to which I slowly shook my head, looking up at him. "I'm driving you to and from school from now on, since you're a little weakling." He said, the casual insult making me reel my head back in offense. "That's rude." I grumbled, shooting him a frown before I turned and shut the front door, locking it with my key.

Of course instead of apologizing, he only took a step closer, cornering me back against my front door when I turned around so we could go. I tensed in surprise, looking up at him as he looked me up and down.

Those pretty blue eyes narrowed when he looked at my top. "God, your weirdness never ends. The hell is this?" He asked, being so bold as to reach up and grab the fabric of my top, snapping it against my chest. I squeaked and crossed my arms over my chest protectively, unable to believe that he had just done that like it was nothing. "Don't do that!" I exclaimed, embarrassed that he had been so close to touching my breasts. "And there's nothing wrong with my top! It's cute!" I said defensively, hoping he would apologize, but he just snorted at me.

"It's childish, bubbles." He corrected very matter of factly. My lips formed into a deep frown, upset that he was making fun of me this way. "Everything I do is childish to you!" I huffed, sticking my nose up. It just made me look up at him more, not make it so he couldn't look at me like I wanted. This made me even more frustrated, my brows furrowing as I grumbled in annoyance at how tall he was.

"Yeah, because you do childish shit. You're immature." He retorted, glaring down at me. I was feeling embarrassed, but I still tried to defend myself. "You can't make that assumption based off a few interactions we've had!" I huffed, causing him to smirk at me. He looked genuinely amused, like I'd just said something funny. "You don't even get how easy it is to read you. I look at you and it's written all over every inch of you." He said, stepping closer to me. I pressed back against the door more, finding his body was growing too close to mine. "That's not true." I said weakly, my face burning.

Luke stepped close enough that I could feel his chest against mine, making my face flame for an entirely different reason. "T-Too close!" I squealed, trying to prevent my breasts from brushing his chest, but he was just so close. It was futile.

A wicked grin formed on his face as he watched me grow red, flustered at his proximity. "See, you try telling me you're not immature when you can't even look at me for than five seconds just because we're a little bit close. This is nothing. You could never handle yourself on your own." He said, making me pause. I stared up at him and scoffed, glaring angrily. "I've been handling myself on my own!" I exclaimed, wishing he would stop talking down to me.

"You're just a bully. You can call me immature all you want, but at least I can be nice to people." I huffed, and he rolled his eyes, unaffected by my words. "I've noticed that. You're like sugar fucking personified." He grunted.

I huffed and looked away from him, able to feel his gaze on the side of my face. "You're pouting now?" He drawled, gently flicking my chin. I flinched a little at the touch and could see him smirk out of the corner of my eye. "What do you expect me to do when you're insulting me for no reason?" I asked quietly, and he paused, digesting my words. He stepped closer and I inhaled sharply when my breasts smushed against his chest a little, though he paid it no mind. "Look, I know that we're not exactly friends and I don't necessarily want to be, but we are stuck with at least seeing each other and having to interact with each other. I'd rather not have you hate my guts for all that, so let's just keep it civil, yeah?" He said, as if I was the one causing the problems.

"I've been nice to you, though. You're the one always calling me immature and telling me I'm a square and a prude." I reminded defensively, not wanting him to act like I was at fault here. I'd tried to be friends, and I still wouldn't mind if he would be nice to me and apologize.

He pursed his lips and curtly nodded his head, looking at me with a thoughtful look on his face. "Okay. Here, then. How about I apologize and we just...pretend I wasn't a dick and we just keep to ourselves." He suggested, making me furrow my brows in thought. I considered it for a moment before reluctantly nodding, because it seemed like it'd be better than having to deal with him always being mean to me. "Okay. I-I think I can do that." I agreed quietly, peering up at him expectantly.

For a while I just waited for him to apologize, patiently looking up at him as he sighed heavily. I got the impression that he hadn't apologized to many people before. "I'm sorry." He ground out after a few minutes, practically having to spit out the word before he sent me a very forced smile. It was obviously not genuine, but it was good enough for me. He'd tried his best. "I forgive you." I smiled up at him and he raised a brow, his eye twitching as he looked at me. Why does it feel like he's already struggling with this agreement?

"We should go before we're late for school." Luke announced suddenly as he stepped away from me, making me let out a heavy sigh of relief. My heart still raced from how close he had been, but I ignored it, knowing it was just because it was new to me. I followed him to his car and got in on the passenger seat, buckling my seatbelt as he climbed into the driver's seat. We simultaneously glanced at one another after he buckled his seatbelt and I immediately looked away, embarrassed that he'd caught me glancing at him. It was clear he didn't harbor the same embarrassment because he just kept looking at me and then turned back to the road, backing out of my driveway.

There was an intense and awkward silence between us in his car, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was mostly my doing. I knew he didn't like me or want to do this for me, so I felt awkward being in his car, or even being near him. "T-Thank you." I stammered quietly, looking out the window as I spoke. My face was hot and I could feel him glancing at me every few seconds. "For doing this for me, I mean. I know you don't want to." I elaborated quickly, my voice soft. He didn't respond for a while.

"Yeah," He muttered after a minute of silence. "No problem, bubbles."