30

~Luke's POV~

When the next day rolled around, I began to drive over to Delilah's house early in the morning, being that I was supposed to drive her to and from school every day. Although I had left her house in a hurry yesterday, I didn't want to leave her hanging to walk to school in the morning, nor did I want to leave her to have to walk home from school.

Some part of me still couldn't believe that I had left her house so early and so abruptly yesterday. I hadn't ever done something like that before, especially because she was there with only Tate and because neither of her parents had gotten home yet. But after the episode in the hall, I couldn't stand to stick around any longer. It was abundantly clear to me that I needed to leave.

I hadn't meant to stir up anything between us again, I truly hadn't. However, seeing her giggling with Tate right in front of me, giving him her pretty smile and looking at him with her big brown eyes, had just set me off. Tate and I were friends, but I still had found myself growing jealous of him, thinking about how close the two of them were. I couldn't explain why I was jealous of him, but seeing them together like that made me want to go fucking berserk.

Hell, Tate wasn't even supposed to have fucking been there yesterday. Him showing up out of nowhere had surprised me, but I had been even more surprised by the onslaught of jealousy that I felt one time after the next. Seeing him behaving so comfortably to just make himself at home in her room, on her bed, was just the beginning. I'd been able to tolerate the irritation that gave me, but I couldn't fucking stomach having to see the way that she was giggling with him like he was the funniest person on the whole damn planet.

It probably should have been obvious to me that it wasn't the best idea when I took her out in the hallway, where it was just her and I without Tate around to interrupt or get in the way. Especially when I was so wound up that I didn't give a shit what rules I was breaking. Even so, it hadn't mattered to me.

Delilah was the most tempting girl I had ever set my eyes on. She was fucking wickedly beautiful, in such an ethereal way. With that long brown hair down to her hips, the dangerous curves, her big eyes and full lips, she was a girl that I had been attracted to from the moment I set my eyes on her.

And, well, seeing her standing before me with her eyes all sparkly and her cheeks flushed red, it had been enough to do me in. I had lost myself when I felt her pressed against me, all soft and curvaceous. However there was nothing quite like the way her body reacted to me, the way she whimpered and writhed against me in the hall. It seemed like every single thing she did, every little thought I had of her made me want her more.

I pulled into Delilah's driveway and sent her a text to let her know that I was here, checking my appearance in the reflection of my phone screen to make sure I looked okay. It took a couple minutes but she eventually came out around five minutes later, locking her front door behind her before she came hurrying towards my car.

My eyes scanned over her body as she walked down the driveway, biting my lip at the sight of the soft pink dress that she had on. There were a pair of white converse on her feet, and she had a cropped blue jean jacket on over her dress. I noticed that her long hair, which she usually left down her back, was instead put up in a nice bun on her head. She looked cute.

She pulled open the passenger's side door, a little smile on her lips as she sat in the car and glanced over at me. "H-Hi." She stammered in her soft voice, shutting the door before she pulled on her seatbelt. I cleared my throat, looking away from her before I became tempted to ogle her any further. "Hey." I muttered, beginning to back out of the driveway once I was sure that she had her seatbelt on. She gave me another glance and I could tell she was hesitant to say anything, probably unsure of me due to the way that I had left yesterday.