Chapter 11

Morpheus heard his father leave a few minutes ago, so he stood up from his chair and went downstairs. There had to be a case at least familiar to Miss Denver's. And if, he was determined to find it.

"Come on." The door was locked. Morpheus knew then and there that his father was serious. He usually never locked the doors. But Morpheus didn't feel discouraged. He knew his father kept his spare key under his mattress. So he made his way upstairs again.

"Rude boy! Rude boy!" August Magnelius Magnus the fifth sqeaked as he watched Morpheus pass his cage.
"Oh, shut up." He responded before closing the door to his cage room. Yes, that stupid pet had his own room. Right next to Hypnos' room. With a shake of his head, he opened the door to his father's room. It was squeaky clean as expected. Darian was really unique. He was a cleaning person, as well as a butler, a chauffeur and a chef. Of course, he had the ability to multiply himself, but that man deserved a raise.

"Okay, focus." Morpheus eyed his father's bed. It looked like an ordinary bed, obviously. But the difference was: one touch and you fall into a deep slumber. Even Morpheus couldn't resist it. His father obviously didn't need it, but it served as some sort of security when he was gone. Any intruder that searched his room for a secret, would look under his mattress. At least 74 percent would, which makes it the perfect trap. One touch and the intruder was asleep.

"Stick, stick." Morpheus searched for one and immediately looked towards the fireplace. He quickly got a hold of the fireplace tool that looked the most efficient. It was a golden shovel. Great, now he only had to make sure not to touch any part of his bed under no circumstance!

With the elegance of a fencer, he moved the tool under the blanket first, trying to get rid of every weight on top of the mattress. He smirked once the heavy object hit the ground on the other side. Now to the pillows. Within another couple of seconds and few controlled breaths, his expert hands managed to get rid of the pillows.

"Now to the hard part." He said, but stopped a second later.
"I should get another one." He told himself and went to get the one with the sharp end. On his way back to the bed, Morpheus heard a loud noise. Was his father back? He stopped in his tracks and listened for a second. He couldn't hear anything else, so he just shrugged and went to finish what he started.

"Even if he found me in here, what's he going to do? Nothing. I just wanted to get to the library and he locked the only pathway to it. So, I had to break into his room to get the key. If he gets angry, I'll ask him why the office was closed in the first place." He murmured to himself, suddenly having a weird gut feeling. What if he was going to be really mad? Like one time Morpheus accidentally broke a vase that beheld his mother's ashes? Another shake of his head. He was an adult now, for Helios' sake. He would not have it if his father yelled at him again. He would yell right back.

All of a sudden, he felt a heavy weight on his shoulders and jumped away from the bed.
"Father, I can expl-" He turned around, the heavy weight still on his shoulders.
"Miss Denver!" He more screeched than said as soon as he laid eyes on the sleepwalking woman.

How in the world did she get in? How did she even find the house? Once Darian disoriented her, there was no possible way for her to find him. Unless Darian didn't do what he was told, which was practically impossible. He was an Are, he had to serve his Uvalions. There was no way around it. It was his natural instinct.

"Miss Denver, you have to let me go." Morpheus ordered, letting go of the tools in his hands and grabbing her forearms that seemed to be determined to choke him with their vice-like grip. Obviously her sleepwalking form was yet to listen to anyone. She was as asleep as someone in a coma and Morpheus had a hard time shaking her, since he did not feel confident not to trip and fall onto the mattress.