Chapter 22

All was good, Charlie kept telling herself.

They have been on the plane for over an hour now and whilst Morpheus immediately fell asleep as if it wasn't his first time too, Charlie had issues adjusting to the current situation.

Honestly, sitting in first class did slightly help. The seats were very comfortable and there was a variety of distractions like a little TV, or an iPad. But nothing helped. She tried listening to music on the iPad for a while. That seemed to have helped a little. But at the same time, it made her a little tired. And she really didn't want to fall asleep on a plane. This time, she was terrified of what might happen to her and the fellow passengers if she sleepwalked.

With a sigh, she looked out of her window to the left. Maybe now she wouldn't mind the view as much? Nope. Wrong move, Charlie thought as her eyes immediately drifted back towards a still sleeping Morpheus. At least she could now look at him without his probably annoyed input.

He had changed back into his complete black attire. His leather jacket still fit him perfectly, despite his awkward position in that noment. He was obviously tall, not only to her. But the seat seemed too small for him as he laid there with his feet stretched out and his back slid down to the seat part of his chair. The only thing resting on the backside was his head. But at least his arms were settled on the armrests. He looked so uncomfortable. Charlie was sure he was going to wake up with great neck pain.

She really wondered why he didn't just lean back his seat. There was enough space behind them.

"Would you like something to drink? A tea perhaps?" The flight attendant appeared out of nowhere and Charlie was slightly startled.
"Oh, yes. A tea sounds great right now. I am allergic to cinnamon, so please nothing with that ingredient if that's possible." Charlie smiled at the incredibly beautiful woman. She watched as the flight attendant walked back behind a curtain, thinking that maybe some hot tea was just what she needed in order to relax.

But little did Charlie know that tea was the least thing she needed on a plane.

Nevertheless, when the pretty woman came back out, her lips stretched into a wide smile, and handed Charlie the hot cup, the clueless aspiring police officer took it with a polite:
"Thank you."

Not feeling the need to wait until the woman was behind the curtain again, Charlie already took a sip.
"Yum." She commented as she looked down at the light brown, steaming liquid. It tasted very delicious. Charlie wondered what type of tea it was and made a mental note to ask the flight attendant if she walked by again. She tasted vanilla, apple, caramel? What a strange combination. But it really was delightful.

She suddenly felt way better. As if her whole mood changed. Her whole attitude about the situation seemed to change into a much more positive one. Wow. She felt so warm inside and a smile overcome her features. She needed to share her happiness and didn't think twice about nudging Morpheus until he groaned himself awake.

"Oh Morpheus, you're awake." He heard as soon as his eyes opened. Irritated by Miss Denver's voice, he glared up at her. As he slid up his chair into a normal seating position, he noticed her weird facial expression.
"What's wrong?" He asked, afraid she was having an allergic rection again.
"Nothing. I'm just so happy we're doing this together. Oh, Morpheus." Charlie sighed and hugged his torso, awkwardly pressing her face against his chest.

"Miss Denver, what are you doing?" He had a hard time comprehending what was happening. Why did she wake him up?
"I'm hugging you." She said, squeezing before leaning up to smile at his very irritated face. She pinched his right cheek.
"Don't look so grim. You're way too handsome to look like that all the time." Charlie stopped pinching his cheeks and now stroked it softly, making Morpheus gulp.