Chapter 25

"So, you're telling me-" Morpheus started, his angry eyes looking at the receptionist of their supposed hotel for the trip. The poor young man was already shaking as he audibly gulped.
"-I have booked a suit with two bedrooms, I have the verification right here-" Morpheus' finger tapped on said paper that was placed on the counter. The counter was the only thing separating the two and the receptionist hoped it was enough.

"-and yet you cannot give me the suite, because it is already taken?" With gritted teeth, Morpheus glared at the man. Another audible gulp escaped the blonde. Charlie followed his action with a slightly quieter gulp.
"S-sir, I'm incredibly sorry. There must have been an error in the system. I cannot explain it any other way. I-" The receptionist started to use his keyboard hectically, his fingers still shaking.

"All we have left is a room for one with an additional sofa in a little extra room. I cannot do more for you, Sir. Obviously you will get your money back and the rest of your stay is for free. Room service and other hotel services as well. I am very sorry." The man apologized, looking at Charlie for help.
"Or we could go the another hotel if you want to-"

"I am not in the mood to talk to another receptionist, who might also be as useless as this one." Morpheus interrupted Charlie, who frowned at him.
"I get that you're tired. But it is not his fault. Obviously there must've been an error in the system. You've been acting like a child ever since we came off the plane. It is out of order for you to talk to him like that, Morpheus." Charlie placed her hands on her hips, making Morpheus lift an unimpressed eyebrow before rolling his eyes and looking back at the receptionist. The poor lad's face was red already.

"My apologies, I get very angry when I don't have enough sleep. It was rude of me to say that you're useless. You're trying your best and I appreciate it. Is what you should say now." Charlie scowled at him as if he was a young child that needed to learn some manners. Morpheus clenched his jaw.
"Sorry." He said, sounding as apologetic as he culd muster. Which honestly, didn't sound apologetic at all. He held out his hand to the young receptionist and waited.

"Oh, here. Room 202 on floor 7." A second after initual confusion, the blonde gave Morpheus the room key in the form of a plastic card. Without another word, Morpheus turned back around and walked to the elevator.

He was so upset, yet so drained of energy. Charlie was sure that a good nap would change his mood and view towards a lot of things. The fact that he appeared to really not care about his missing suitcase was very worrying to her. But he also seemed the most tense she had ever seen him. It was weird. Despite only knowing Morpheus for a short period of time, she was sure once he was fully charged, he would know exactly what to do. He just seemed like one of those people that found a solution for anything.

Wordlessly, the pair took the elevator to floor 7. Thankfully, no other people used the elevator and for some reason, that made Morpheus relax a little. He was still not very accustomed to seeing so many people at once. After all, he had been living his whole life wandering the streets at night time. Since his profession was also his life's purpose, he made sure to adapt everything else in his life around that.

A bell-like sound erupted once they reached their desired floor. Morpheus was still pulling Miss Denver's suitcase and yet he was about ten meters in front of her already. She stopped at his level right before the card eventually opened their door.

"Cute." Was Charlie's reaction as soon as they entered the cozy room. To their left was an orange couch and Morpheus immediately placed Charlie's suitcase in front of it, before his backpack followed and flew onto the orange piece of furniture with more force than necessary. Ignoring him, Charlie looked around after closing the door.

"Oh, look Morpheus. The bathroom is so cute too!" She said as she spotted a part of said room through the opened door across the front door. Within ten steps, Charlie stood inside the tiled space. The walls were matching with the ones in the lounge area. It was held rather simple with a bathtub, a corner shower and a toilet all in white. On the sink sat a decorative little plant right next to the faucet. On its other side sat the soap and a little cup for toothbrushes.