Prologue...

Author's pov~

Bedtime in a house at the edge of Seoul,

"Eomma! What's a Mafia?" Innocent and curious, 4 little girls asked in unision as their mother tucked them into bed. "Appa will come home late tonight, you know how hard he has to work to provide us with money, don't you my babies?" Their mother smiled as she kissed their cheeks.

5 year old Jisoo was on the far right of the bed, 4 year old Jennie was on the far left, and their 2 baby sisters were cuddling between them. Their mother smiled fondly at them as they burst into giggles at her actions. "Appa will be home soon, don't worry." She assured them before she booped there tiny noses.

Park Bom hid her sadness with a smile as her daughters giggled unaware of the dangers that lie outside in the real world. The world that she tries her hardest to protect them from. The world they live in. The one she came from. The one she and her sisters were dragged into. The world where mafia gangs rule the underworld.

Bom sighed as her 'daughters' fell asleep with soft smiles on there faces. They were her only happiness. The only reason she agreed to do this whole plan for her sister. She gently caressed the hair of the 4 girls sleeping together on the small bed before turning to go wait for her 'husband' to come 'home'.

Later that night~

Little Jisoo rubbed her eyes as she was shaken awake by her mother. "Girls!!! Wake up!! Quickly!!!" She sat up immediately when she heard the panic in her mother's voice. "Eomma? What's wro-" Jennie was cut off by her mother. "No time!!! We have to get you out of here!!! Were under attack!!" Loud bangs were heard from below.

Jennie and Jisoo's eyes widened in fear and shock but they were quick to regain there composure and rushed to pick up their baby sisters who were too young to walk, and still asleep. Bom also began rushing but she rushed to the big closet that the 4 girls shared. She reached her hands to her neck and brought out her necklace.

A key?! The word slipped into Jisoo's mind as she watched her mother's every move while holding onto baby Chaeng

A key?! The word slipped into Jisoo's mind as she watched her mother's every move while holding onto baby Chaeng. Jennie was getting the contents from the secret box on Jisoo's orders while holding baby Lisa at the same time. The secret box is a small box that the sisters kept all there most precious items in.

Their real mother gave it to them so they cherish it with all there hearts. Yes, they know there adopted, their mother disappeared when they were born...or so they thought. In reality, the girls knew only a small part of the whole story, but they didn't need to know that. (that bit will be a secret between me and you hehe😉).

While Jennie was grabbing the box's contents, Bom had opened the closet and pulled out all the clothes. Jisoo's eyes widened. Her adoptive mother had always been the type to love a clean and organized environment, but she guessed the circumstances were different now.