Dinner with the kings

"Wouldn't you rather go and do something else..." Jim said to Breala, "I might take long."  

"I will wait right here." She responded.  

"I might take very long... " He tried again  

"I will be here..." She responded.  

After a minute or two, Jim emerged from the room wearing the new change of clothes.  

"I thought you said you would take long?!"Breala wondered.  

"That was before I realised how hungry I was..." he replied, "Shall we go?!"  

And so, they went down for the meal. Of course Jim had lied; he had already noticed that he  didn't get hungry in this world! But being a gentleman (in making), he could not make a (the)  lady wait...on this occasion he had to cancel the bath he had so looked forward to.  

"Your hair is pretty long!!" Jim said to break the ice when they were descending the stairs.  

"Yeah..." She replied, "Are you going to keep saying it?!"  

"Saying what exactly?!" Jim wondered- a little confused.  

"Nice dress!!" Breala answered.  

"That depends...are all your dresses that nice?!" He asked-humorously.  

"When are you leaving?!" She asked seemingly tired of his nagging.  

"Apparently...not very soon." Jim replied as if he had a plan in process.  

"It is this side..." Breala said to Jim directing him to the dining hall. The hall was huge and  rectangular in shape. It was lit by two huge chandeliers that hang over the table with several  lamps on them. There were very many narrow glass windows on the wall that had no door. The  rest of the walls had several doorways. In the middle of the hall were a very long rectangular  table and thirteen seats- eleven thrones and two smaller seats. The two smaller seats were next  to the big throne on either side.  

"Well...you all know her and that is...Creed." The Krichnd said as soon as Jim and Breala set  foot in the hall.  The eleven thrones were all occupied but one. Guests at the table were all wearing  crowns. They also all wore body length mantles of various colours. The ladies had long dresses  while the males wore specially designed tops and trousers under the mantle. The other thing  worth noting is that the trousers were strapped up where they met the shoes with strips of leather "Creed, you're late!!" the Krichnd said to Jim, "You have some nerve making kings wait!"  

"I wouldn't blame myself..." Jim replied, "Seeing as I was not made aware of this function!"  

The whole table that had been abuzz with numerous discussions went silent. Apparently the  Krichnd was supposed to be some sort of fierce ruler of rulers and yet here was this foreign kid  answering back!  

"Well, I suppose I owed you some information..." the Krichnd said to break the silent. And  everyone at the table laughed out loud except Breala who just smiled and Jim who did not  (could not) get the joke. Just about the time when the laughter had faded and conversations  began afresh, another guest entered the hall. He was dressed like the other male guests in the  hall save for his lack of a crown and his black mantle being shorter (knee level). The clothes he  wore under the mantle were a dark shade of red and the top had yellow flames embroidered along the seam.  

"Who are you?" the Krichnd asked of the new entrant, "you are not a seater!"  

"No...your greatness" the entrant answered, "I am not..."