Chapter Twenty-Seven

"What say you, brother?"

Embittered by this bittersweet benignant proposition, Emmett seemed to be rancorous and resentful, especially towards the prospect of possibly meeting his conformist parents. Conventionally colossal, they appeared to be like a mammoth to his susceptibly conscious brain, canonical clash of the ideals against his morals, ingrained in his provocative mess of mind, their words still stung and stirred his instability precariously, overpowering his thoughts, much to the dismay of his brother.

"Emmett, are you feeling well?" Thomas inquired worriedly.

Stupefied sensitively, their voices reiterated and resounded into the mirror hall of his memories. Silken beads of sweat smothered his mainframe as his lips quivered in disdain. Their expressions were inbred and inherent in his heart, repudiation tormented his days wherein he had underestimated his worth relentlessly and repetitively cursed himself for his identity. Manifesting misgiving uncertainty over his uncontrollable emotions harboured his sanctity, almost anchoring his insanity to the sea bed of this crippling anxiety, he processed before shuddering out a breath; it was so close to a heart attack, he wondered with a gasp, fear of the inevitable looped through his bloodstream as his eyes had glazed over, shining and sparkling like diamonds imbued to his life, as he awaited his end.

"He is having a panic attack. It looks worse, please save him." Thomas pleaded.

"I need you to step out of the room, son. Doctor Crawford, follow me." Arthur rushed to his escape, beckoning someone to assist him with Emmett.

"What is it, Thomas?" His mother approached him hastily.

"Emmett, is having a panic attack, it looks so severe, Mum, and I caused it, I am responsible for this," Thomas emphasised, eyes shining with tears.

"Of course not, son. Your brother is in a fragile state, do not feel pressured by this situation, we need to be strong for him." His Dad consoled him.

"Dad, I am responsible for this, I told him about you both and I did not expect him to react like this." He exasperatedly stated, he was to be blamed for his helpless state.

"Tom, it is not your fault. He is sensitive, we need to be more cautious around him." She sighed, hoping against everything that her son would be able to make it out of this.

"That is correct, Mrs Anderson. Please do not trigger him by mentioning his past and unfortunately for him, that includes his folks." Arthur called out as he approached them, carefully.

"Doctor, how is he? What is wrong with him?" They were quick to ask.

"He had an almost seizure, though it was more of a panic attack than anything. It is due to exertion and stress, his mind has excessively strained itself to process everything and it was to be expected but if it was a seizure, things could've become worse for Emmett, especially given his delusions. So I suggest you to avoid indulging in something that possibly can produce such a reaction, we need to be extremely cautious around him but this is, indeed a piece of good news." He explained grimly observing his notepad.

"Good news?" Thomas couldn't help but ask.

"Yes, it seems to me that Emmett is trying to fight against his mind. He strained his nerves to comprehend the reality, even if it was for a while, and it is exactly what we want to achieve but his panic attacks do not bode well with our mission, so we need to help him thoroughly." Arthur deliberated after careful scrutinisation of his notes.

"How do you recommend we do that, Doctor Campbell?" They questioned him, curious to know if he had a plan.

"As I have said before, we need to give him a chance to hold onto his reality. And Thomas, you did a good job by giving him that sketchbook, he needs to realise his self-worth but most importantly, he needs to be reminded of the fact that he is loved, and as his parents, you need to make sure of that he feels cherished." He described, giving Thomas an encouraging nod.