第四章; 𝗯𝗲𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫⠀✦ : beware of the storage room ໑

your face is annoying.

y/n glared at the mop in her hands. the first day of the training camp was over, with nekoma having the most weight in clean up duties due to losing the most sets. all of the captains contributed, and other team members either volunteered or were forced to help.

thankfully, sakusa had gone off early, muttering about "showers" and "early" and "people" and "germs".

"oya, chibi-chan, you're going to break that mop with your eyes," kuroo joked, coming beside y/n.

y/n reddened. kuroo had adopted the habit of calling her "chibi-chan" purely off the fact that he was taller than her.

"your eyes are so ugly that even inanimate things break." atsumu shook his head sadly, suddenly appearing to her left.

hmph.

"'inanimate'? big word for a nine year old," y/n retorted, slightly releasing her tight grip on the mop.

"what's wrong oshiro-chan?"

it was bokuto, running past with a vacuum in his hand.

"it's nothing," y/n called back, gawking at his energetic strides.

"that's a lie." akaashi glanced at y/n as he passed by too, tailing after bokuto.

y/n swallowed thickly. sniff. he's so pretty.

and how does he know—

"i don't get how bokkun can still be so energetic after today," atsumu sighed out, stretching his neck.

"at least you didn't have the most penalties today. that airhead wants to do a practice session tonight." kuroo shrugged, glancing at atsumu. he was visibly exhausted — in fact, all of them were except bokuto. "i'm coming along. and oshiro-chan, are you alright?"

atsumu took a good look at y/n. "...you do seem a little off."

"no, i'm fine — seriously." y/n laughed, putting her hands up convincingly. "akaashi-san is just guessing."

besides, whatever sakusa says shouldn't have the power to ruin my day.

atsumu and kuroo stared at her. she tilted her head.

"what?"

"it's omi-kun, innit?" atsumu grinned, exchanging a glance with kuroo.

"bet it is," kuroo said suggestively.

y/n flushed. these two...

"i don't know what you guys are talking abo—"

y/n's head was lightly hit by a rug from behind her. "i don't know sakusa that well, but he doesn't mean half the things he says."

"ow — oh, yaku-san."

"it's obvious," he commented, staring at y/n, before running elsewhere and yelling "lev!"

y/n and atsumu shared terrified glances. kuroo smirked knowingly, then headed off to presumably watch yaku butcher lev.

"rest in peace, lev," y/n murmured.

"hey y/n-chan, just don't think about omi-kun's insults too much," atsumu said, tossing a rag up in the air. "you insult me every— aah!"

"get back to cleaning," an authoritative voice interrupted, stopping y/n's hand from hitting atsumu's side. "or else."