第五章; 𝗯𝗲𝘁

𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞⠀✦ : bet ໑

y/n ran quickly, panting in between breaths. hope was quickly slipping through the cracks between her fingers, but she drove herself to run even faster.

i'm not going to make it.

y/n slowed in her steps.

then hurry up, boke! run like you normally do when setting a ball.

she saw the threatening hand lift a fork. y/n's eyes widened. no, please, i have to make it!

she broke into a sprint.

please, y/n begged in her mind, please.

don't—

"shiro-saaaaan!"

shirofuku yukie blinked in surprise as y/n snatched the fork off her hand. y/n sighed in relief. the cake was safe. she did it.

phew.

y/n grinned triumphantly, waving the fork in the air. "i saved the cake!"

"good job, oshiro-chan." suzumeda kaori smiled in appreciation, before turning to yukie. "yukippe, stop eating everything we make! we need to leave some food for the boys."

shirofuku pursed her lips with a dejected sigh. "okay... does anyone have some instant noodles?"

as the hungry girl wandered off to the other side of the kitchen, y/n and suzumeda continued preparing desserts and side dishes for the boys.

there were also chefs, namely miya osamu and itachiyama's staff, that were preparing savoury dishes where shirofuku currently was.

y/n was carefully arranging pickled plums on a plate, when suzumeda set down tuna on a chopping board beside her.

"oshiro-chan~"

y/n looked up at the older manager. "yes? oh, is that tuna onigiri for tsumu? he really likes fatty tuna."

suzumeda grinned and began chopping up the tuna. "good to know, but you know who does like umeboshi?"

"no...?"

"sakusa-san!" she practically exclaimed brightly.

y/n's fingers froze mid-arrangement. her face visibly crumpled, and she inched away from the dish. ew.

suzumeda started laughing. "oh, come on, he's not that bad! in fact, you're the only person he ever clashes with this much. everyone else he either ignores, or doesn't bother talking to at all."

really?

"i'll do tsumu's onigiri, suzumeda-san~" y/n faked a grin. she handed suzumeda the umeboshi plate. "uh, so what you're telling me is that sakusa-san gives me special treatment?"

suzumeda nodded, handing her the chopping board in return. "yeah... i mean, he doesn't talk to a lot of people. i'm sure he's talked to you more than he's talked to yukippe and i."

speaking of shirofuku...

y/n glanced behind suzumeda and found osamu handing shirofuku a plate of food. aww. the foodies are together.

"then he's got a very odd definition of special treatment," y/n muttered, continuing to slice up the tuna. "not surprised, considering he's a weirdo."

"well~" suzumeda stood up, placing the umeboshi on the counter. "you and sakusa-san better get together within a month. i've placed money on it, so don't disappoint me, oshiro-chan."