第六章; 𝗰𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼

𝐬𝐢𝐱⠀✦ : cockroach, part two ໑

yawn.

y/n wiped at her eyes. the boys' night practice was over, with atsumu and osamu winning king of the court much to bokuto's dismay. y/n used the opportunity then to practice her standing topspin and float serves.

now, the boys had gone off to either shower or head straight to the dorms after helping a little with cleaning up. y/n was left alone in the storage room, neatly storing away the folded nets.

she made sure there was a volleyball wedged between the door to stop it from closing. the lock was still broken, after all, and she didn't want to be stuck in here until tomorrow.

it was silent, but it was calm.

and then—

footsteps.

"oya, tsum, could ya teach me how to do a jump float tomorrow?" y/n asked without turning around. "i also left my phone on the courts, but i think you've already taken it to the dorms, so thanks."

silence.

y/n glanced behind her shoulder, expecting a response from "atsumu".

ugh.

"oh. it's you. what are you doing here, sakusa-san?"

"motoya," he muttered, glancing around at the white walls.

"what?"

"he told me to come here." the masked boy walked towards the shelves of sports equipment, seemingly looking for something.

he still hates talking to me.

...not that i care, of course.

"k," y/n responded, returning back to cleaning up.

again, it was silent, but now it was an uncomfortable silence.

of course there were still the occasional footsteps of sakusa walking around the room, but his presence alone made y/n want to hurry up and get out.

it was... it was just plain awkward and tense.

you usually have a lot to say, but why do you decide to be quiet right now —

right now when there's only the two of us in the storage room, quiet and uncomfortable?

y/n's ears rung.

talk.

her fingers moved faster, sorting the clipboards into their specified boxes.

say something.

the footsteps stopped right behind her. still no talking. she shifted awkwardly. the silence was suffocating.

you bastard, say something, dammit!

"saku— what?" y/n had whirled around, an insult on the tip of her tongue to start some sort of conversation going.

but how do you converse with a frightened boy?

sakusa kiyoomi, an arrogant, obnoxious boy (to y/n) was now frozen in place, fear evident in his slanted brown eyes. what could have made the clean freak scared like that?

"sakusa...?"

"are you brave?"

"what?"

"i said, 'are you brave?'"

"depends," y/n replied, although it sounded more like a question.

"i... oshiro, i'll sacrifice my whole life for you," he said quietly.

"w-what?" y/n sputtered out, face heating.

what is he on?

"if you do me a favour, i will," he added, still not explaining.

"sakusa-san, wha— HOLY SHIT," y/n shrieked, running towards sakusa as she saw a flying cockroach.

the other boy scrambled for the door, y/n reaching for his school jacket.

the roach flew over their heads. y/n grasped sakusa's jacket and fell down, trying to avoid it landing on her head. sakusa didn't resist, frightened for his life.

the two then fell on the floor, watching the cockroach intently as it made its way to the storage room's door.

"it's going out," sakusa whispered, absentmindedly clinging to y/n's arm.

y/n's grip on his jacket tightened. her face paled. "then close the door, you fucking bastard."

"shut it, you filthy germ."

the cockroach flew out of the room. without a second thought, sakusa kicked the door close, his anger and fear causing the volleyball wedged in between to fly out.

then, there was silence.

the gap between the door and the door frame was quickly lessening.

"wait," y/n whispered, hurriedly getting up. "shit... no, no, no—"

the door closed with an audible click.

➽───────────────❥

🙈🙈