Chapter 31

Narrator's point of view

Everybody seemed to be surprised and happy to see Harry beat death when he, just in time, saved his friends from a death curse. They all let out a smile upon seeing the boy and dodge the fire spell all so quickly.

Voldemort however was not pleased at all, he chased down the boy with non-verbal spells but is unlucky to not hit him a single time. He stopped and looked behind his 'loyal' followers to see that some were leaving in fear.

It gave Harry and the others time to get inside the castle to protect themselves.

"I'll lure him in the castle. We have to kill the snake." Harry said in spite of the closing enemies in front of then.

"You'll need this." Hermione gave him a basilik's fang and Harry ran inside the castle. Draco had Auralie's arm around his shoulder while they get away, despite the headache she has, she pulled her wand out and started to fight anyone that would come in the large doors.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her parents leaving. Narcissa had looked back one last time to meet her daugher's eyes, holding an apologetic look while she fights the death-eaters.

"Stupefy!" Auralie casted and knocked one of them out cold, She started to regain strength.

"They're leaving?" Draco muttered while he blocked a few of many spells casted on him. He also saw his parents leave, leaving their children alone instead of helping them.

"Auralie!" Hermione shouted from a far distance and she was calling her to follow her to the great stairs.

"Go, I'll stay." Draco shouted while looking at her with a gentle smile. Auralie nodded and ran to Hermione's way to kill the snake.

Both was running to find where the snake is, once they saw it by the stairs Hermione gave Auralie the Basilik fang she's carrying. "I'll distract it." Hermione said grabbing a rock.

Neville sat up after being thrown to the ground, he was out of his head and looked around him to see chaos emerge, left and right. He saw the sword that he oncr wielded but got thrown over. He stood up and grabbed it, knowing what to do.

Auralie ran to the side waiting for an opportunity to destroy the snake, horcrux. Hermione threw a stone at it making it look back and hissed. She walked backwards into a door and looked up to Auralie who was closely inching to the snake.

But out of luck they had, the snake sensed Auralie and almost bit her making the girl tumble down a few steps and dropped the Basilik's fang on the stairs downwards. She sighed and looked at them cautiously.

"Incendio." Auralie's wand pointed at the snake to distract it whilst Hermione ran to her side and together they went down the stairs.

Hermione held Auralie's hand tightly while they tried to outrun Nagini who was inching closer and closer to them in seconds. The Malfoy looked back and a sudden fear errupted in her stomach, "Run. I'll lure it away." She said, panting to hermione who shook her head.

"Are you mad? It will kill you!" Hermione argued, running down the stairs in a hurry. "You will not get rid of me again, Auralie Malfoy." She said in a final tone.

They encountered a dead end, Auralie looked left and right but they were cornered. She looked back and the Snake was still there, aching to kill one or two of them. When it jumped up, mouth open, Auralie did what she did best.

Auralie grabbed Hermione and went in front of her, it all happened so quickly that the girl who was being protected had no time to react. Both of them just looked at each other, out of breath from running. Hermione's eyes grew wide when she saw Auralie suddenly in front of her acting as a shield, she didn't had the chance to argue to Auralie about protecting her, again.