Chapter 10 (EDITED)

Moments like these are not ones that I want to remember. Things weren't supposed to turn out this way. The boys were supposed to be mine. I can't wrap my head around it... What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this...? We were fine a couple hours ago. This is all so confusing. We were at the mall, we shopped, we ate, we left, we bumped into Vanessa... That's it! Vanessa... My best friend. She back stabbed me. She stole them from me... My mates.

Flashback:

"You little whore! How could you do that to your mates? They loved you and protected you and this is how you repay them? By cheating!!"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about Vanessa. Please stop with this." I stutter confused as to what she's getting at.

"Oh don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. I have proof, Payton." Vanessa sneers while throwing a file at me. I gasp as the file is snatched from my arms. Shocked I look up to see my mates going through the files. Kyle snaps his head up and glares at me.

"So this is what you do in school?" He says chuckling darkly.

"Kyle what are you talking about-I-I don't know what's going on. Please!" I beg in tears now. I walk up to Michael needing the warmth of a mate only to be pushed away.

"Get your slutty hands off me. I wonder how many guys you've tricked with that little innocent act" he grunts and walks away shaking his head.

"Pack up all your things and be gone by today. Am I understood?" Damien snaps glaring at me.

"Damien-please listen to m-"

"I said AM I UNDERSTOOD" he yells cutting me off. Whimpering I look over his shoulder to see a smug Vanessa. It's her fault. My gaze turns to red. That's all I can see and think off. Vanessa, her fault. Something inside me snaps and I lunge at her bringing us both to the ground.

"You stupid bitch! Get your fat ass off me. Damien help me. This dumb lard won't get off" Vanessa screams in her annoying voice. My vision is blinded. I can only process one thing. Vanessa needs to pay. I get a couple punches in before my body is ripped off of Vanessa and thrown to the side. Shocked I look up to see my mates crowded around Vanessa checking for any injuries. A flash of hurt passes my eyes only to be replaced with anger.

"You're my mates! Why are you helping her!!" I scream losing it.

"That is enough" Michael yells steam coming out of his ears.

"Now that we know what you're like. We reject you, Payton, as our mate" Damien says in a monotone voice. Fat tears roll down my face. No this wasn't supposed to happen.

Flashback over-/-

That all took place a couple hours ago. Right now I'm on my way home fearing my mother. I just left without her knowing. I was blinded by love.

"Ma'am you're here," the taxi driver says. I pay him quickly and take my stuff out of the taxi. Thanks for the help I think sarcastically. Gulping I walk to the front steps and knock. I hear rustling for a bit before the door is opened and I see my mom. Her face expresses shock, anger, and happiness?

"Payton! Oh god, where were you? We were all worried sick!! How could you just leave like that? I see you haven't done anything about your weight" she says opening the door wider.

"It's great to be home," I say sarcastically.