Chapter 12 (EDITED)

Who would have thought my life would get so complicated in only a couple months. Sometimes I think what if. What if I wasn't friends with Vanessa. Would she still treat me the same. What if I didn't meet Jen. Than I wouldn't have met them. What if I wasn't pregnant. What if I wasn't kicked out. What if I had support. It's stupid really because matter of fact is I was friends with Vanessa, I did meet Jen and I am pregnant. It took me days to face the fact that this is my life, drama and all. What am I going to do. I have no clue. For the time being I'm staying at a run down motel with the money I earned from a previous job. I don't go to school anymore. It hurt too much to see them smile, laugh, joke around with her. Hold her close. It seems that what he had is just a distant memory. That I was just a little fling to them. I don't matter. I never mattered. I would have thought at least Jen would be with me. But actions speak louder than words. And her actions show her true colours. I guess you could say friends are there for you but when the going gets tough they'll just bolt. And that is exactly what she did. So now I sit her in this motel with a cup of coffee, a newspaper, and hope. Hope of finding a job to support my child. Hope of finding a new home for us away from here, away from the drama. A fresh new start.

Looking down at the 5th newspaper I've gone through, I notice a section. The travel section. Now get me straight. I'm not looking for a beach house in Miami. Just a cozy home, in a small town for me and my munchkin. Skipping over the vacation ads I get to the very bottom and begin to read. This sparks my curiosity. Hope fills me and I pick up the phone provided by the motel and call. The phone is picked up after just one ring.
"Hi umm I'm Payton and I was wondering if this house is still for rent"

***

"That'll be 12.50$," the cab driver says not even sparing a moment of his oh so precious time to help me with my luggage. Handing him is money I look around at what surrounds me. Trees, grass, farmland, and a little home in the middle. Pulling my luggage along with me I head towards the front door of the home slightly nervous to see him. To see my new roommate or should I say our new roommate. Stepping onto the welcome mat I hesitantly ring the door bell. This is it. Not even a second later the door is open and there he stands, staring down at me with a gigantic grin on his face.
"So you must be my new roommate," he asks while reaching to grab my suitcases.
"Uh um I guess I am," I say trying to act as confident as I can.
"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Clay and you are...?"
"Payton"
"Alright then Payton welcome, I'll take your luggage to your room," he says while ushering me in and closing the door.
"The living room is just to your left so take a seat and I'll be back in a second so we can talk"
"Alright thank you"
"No problem anything for you M'lady" he teasing causing a light chuckle out of me.
He then grabs my things and walks off to what I'm guessing is my new room. Following the directions, he gave me I walk into the well-furnished living room and take a seat and wait for him to come back. Moments later he appears with a now serious face. Sitting across me now very serious he asks "now when was I going to be told that your pregnant"