Aftermath

"Kanae-Sama, how are you feeling now?" Aoi said, holding a tray of food in her skinny arms. Kanae gave the petite girl a reassuring smile, "Oh yes, Aoi, thank you for asking." She softly said as Aoi took the food to her side.

It's been three days since the battle against Muzan, the demon King. Kanae and the other Hashiras were in the Butterfly Estate, receiving treatment. Kanae had passed out halfway through the battle, and did not regain consciousness until afterwards. She didn't remember much about the battle but Aoi said it was fine if she didn't.

Aoi placed the tray on her master's bedside table, as Kanae placed her soft hands onto hers, "How's Shinobu?" Kanae said with a sour smile, her lavender eyes didn't shine as much as they used to, and were filled with worry. Shinobu Kochou, Kanae's younger sister, hasn't woken up ever since she passed out, it was worrying because she passed out earlier than Kanae did but still hasn't woken up. Aoi tightly held Kanae's hands, with hope in her sapphire eyes, she said, "She still hasn't woken up. But she will soon!" Kanae smiled at the little girl, assured that her sister would wake up for sure.

After having the delicious food Aoi left with her, the long haired girl decided to have a walk and visit some of the hashiras. Closing her room door behind her, she ran into Tomioka Giyuu, with a handful of daisies in his hands. Kanae immediately greeted him, " Tomioka-kun! Where are you going?" The dark-haired man, who was about her age rubbed the back of his neck, he murmured, "Um... just bringing some flowers to Kochou..." Kanae smiled again at his reply, she walked off and said, "Well then, see you later!"

How sweet of him! Bringing daisies to our Shinobu! Kanae thought as she strolled along the hallway, she didn't know which room she should start with. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice shouting in one of the rooms at the very end of the hallway. " Gah! Why do need to make me drink such bitter tea every afternoon? I'm fine!" The voice angrily yelled, Kanae immediately went to check it out, hopefully she'd help resolve the problem.

She stepped into the room, and saw Shinazugawa Sanemi, slapping the tea out of a little butterfly estate girl. With a quick response, she saved the cup and handed it back to the girl. "Shinazugawa-kun! How could you do that to a little girl like her?" She said in a voice of dissapoinment, she sent the girl to other patients as she talked to Sanemi about the issue. She sternly lectured the man, "Shinazugawa-kun, the tea was made for you to recover! Don't push it away!" She handed him the cup of tea again, and made sure she put it right in his hands.

To her surprise, Sanemi didn't say things like 'Ugh! Fine, I'll drink the stupid drink!' Instead, he quietly drank the entire drink and gave it back to Kanae. Kanae, who was shocked with his behavior, accidentally dropped the cup, letting it smash into a thousand pieces. Sanemi quickly pulled her away from the cup, he nervously asked, "Hey! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" "Haha! I'm fine, no worries!" Kanae giggled at the nervous Sanemi.

"Kanae-Sama! Are you okay?" The little butterfly estate girl just now came in, with a worried look across her face, "Oh my! What happened?"

"Ara, it's nothing! I'll clean it up!" The tall girl said with a smile.