Cherry-Red

Kanae sat on the elevated porch under the warm sunlight, she was looking at the beautiful plants in the Butterfly Estate garden. The sakura tree she grew a few years back, was blooming beautifully. Her little sister, Kanao was talking to Tanjiro, Kanae can't help feel the romantic tension between them. She gushed at them, happy that her sister really did change a lot ever since she met the red-headed boy.

"Why are you looking at them so creepily?" A voice said, and Kanae turned to Sanemi. His blue pyjamas( everyone who stayed there wore one, so did Kanae) weren't fully buttoned up, of course, showing his chiseled chest and his manly scars. "O-Oh! Shinazugawa-kun, what brings you here?" Kanae said, embarrassed. Sanemi sat beside her, "Don't worry, I'm just asking—Hey! Is that... Obani mochi?" Kanae looked over to where the white-haired man was pointing, she found a tray of his favorite food next to her. Oh! Aoi must’ve gave it to me when I didn't notice! I gotta thank her later! Kanae held a mochi in her hand, softly she asked," Do you want one?" Sanemi gently nodded, like an obedient dog to its master, and reached out to the mochi.

He bit into the red-bean mochi, like a little baby eating. Kanae felt her cheeks getting hot as she watched Sanemi eat, he was quite cute, unlike his usual cold self. It was very cute side of him she had never once seen, and she kind of wanted to claim for her own—

WAIT WHAT? NO DON'T THINK THAT NO— Sanemi looked at the long haired girl, who was blushing insanely, he gently tapped her shoulder, "Hey, you okay?" Kanae shrieked a little, "YESIMFINETHANKYOU!" Sanemi sighed and gave her a mochi silently.

They both ate in silent, as the gentle breeze blew over their faces, enjoying each other's silent company.