Giving up

"Nee-San! C'mon, you should get up now!" Shinobu shook Kanae's body gently, trying to make her sister leave bed.

Apparently, Kanae wouldn't budge to get up, and even Aoi had to wake her, which wasn't normal for the sappy, energetic girl. Aoi came running to Shinobu for help, and Shinobu has been trying for at least an hour, just for Kanae to leave bed.

"Shinobu... please, leave me alone..."

"This isn't your usual self, you're acting... funny today!?"

"I just... feel tired, let me stay in bed today."

"I guess..."

Shinobu walked out of the room and quietly closed the door behind her. "Is Kanae-San alright?" Tomioka asked after the door was shut, Shinobu nodded at him, "She says she's tired, I think she just needs to rest a little."

Kanae sulked under her blanket, she felt like slapping Kaida, but she didn't have the energy to. She really wanted Sanemi to also smile at her, and laugh at her jokes, and... hold her lonely hand.

Kanae felt negativity eating her alive, and she lost the energy to leave her own bed. She closed the blinds, and hid under her white blanket.

I should just stop hoping, he obviously has a thing for Kaida. I'll only get rejected in the end. Kanae thought. She felt like giving up, and she was so new with it, she's never given up on anything.

Kanae wished her parents were still alive, and maybe they can give some advice on all this. She thought of how easy things would be if they were still here, and how much life advice she'd get...