Chpater 21

ON MY WAY THROUGH the reception area, I stopped at the front desk. A young woman clicked away at a keyboard and looked up at me when I cleared my throat.

“Hello, I have to run some documents out to a—” I looked at my notepad and pretended to read. “Heather Dade. I was told to get her address from you.”

The brown-eyed receptionist smiled and started typing again. I made sure to cover my visitor badge with my purse and waited. Without a word, she wrote something on a sticky note and handed it to me. It was a long shot, but Heather’s name had come up too many times not to follow up, and Joshua had run into a dead end trying to find her.

Taking it, I thanked the woman and hurried out the front door.

Heather Dade

610 Mockingbird Lane

Eagle, ID 83713

I frowned as my mind reeled with questions. I jotted down a few of them right away before I forgot. There was only one thing on my mind now—to find this person and see what she had to say about Hank Williams.

As I walked to my car, I rolled my neck. The restless nights were getting to me. I needed to learn how to tame that nocturnal side or I might break.

I typed in the address on the GPS in my phone. It was on the other side of town. I wanted Joshua with me on this one—we could combine our information on the way there.

And he had a face anyone would trust. Those round cheeks and big brown eyes—most people were putty in his hands. No one suspected that he usually had multiple motivations behind each of his questions.