chapter eight

once again, i wake up to my phone blowing up. i answer it and wait for whoever it is to speak first.
"Y/N?!" i hear jiwoo yell into my ear.
"aaish don't yell please" i mumble into the phone and hang up as i sludge over to my door, already knowing she's waiting for me to let her in. i press the button and unlock my door before slumping onto the couch. jiwoo runs into my apartment looking like she'd just seen a ghost.
"y/n how long has it been since you checked how many views was it ever me had?" she asks as she closes the door.
"ji you know i don't like looking at my posts in case i see negative stuff" i mumble looking down at my hands.
"y/n. it's been uploaded not even 3 days and it has 12 million views" she says waiting for my reaction. i lay still on the couch taking a few seconds to process the information i just received before i launch off the couch, screaming and run towards her and hug her.
"WHAT? PASS ME YOUR PHONE" i yell, already stealing the phone out of her hands and checking my latest youtube post. holy fuck. tears begin to fill my eyes as i quickly open contacts and call han.
"ji can i call you back la-" i hear him start .
"HANJI I GOT 12 MILLION FUCKING VIEWS IN TWO DAYS" i scream into the phone. my screaming is followed by silence before i hear yelling coming from the boy.
"WHAT THE FUCK? Y/N IM SO PROUD OF YOU. I KNEW IT WAS A BANGER OH MY GOD" he yells into the phone as i start crying.
"i have to go but i'm super happy for you y/n. i love you. you deserve this." he says happily.
"thankyou. i love you too. bye bye" i say trying to hold myself together. as i hang up i lose all control and start sobbing as ji hugs me from behind. we stand in silence like this for a few minutes before ji jerks away and spins me around so we're facing eachother.
"jae fucking park tweeted about you" she says as she holds my shoulders. what?

the. fucking. jae. park? i run to my room and leap onto my bed as i search through my blankets for my phone. i quickly unlock it and open twitter to see tens of thousands of new followers and quickly search his account up, and sure enough, there it was, in all its glory.

eaJ @Jae_Day6
so um. anyone know how i can become friends with @dystopia.rb??👀

23.1k likes 4,671 retweets

"DO I REPLY? WHAT THE FUCK?" i yelled as jiwoo followed me into my room.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? OF COURSE YOU DO" she yells back at me.

dyst @dystopia.rb
@Jae_Day6 you called? 👁3👁

15.7k likes 2,756 retweets

"there's no way i just casually replied to jae fucking park." i mutter, staring at my phone with wide eyes.
"i should probably post something about hitting 12 mil views right?" i ask looking up at her and she nods

923,467 likes
dystopia.rb 12 millions views. i- wow. i don't even know how to process this. i'm so thankful to you all. YALL KNOW THAT JAE PARK FOLLOWED ME ON EVERYTHING AND THEN TWEETED AT ME? LIKE WHAT💀? my most popular song has like 3mil and it was released like 9-10 months ago?? so this is just unreal omg. anyways this is so crazy but there's more music on its way. ily guys🥺🤍

view all comments
coolcat6 congratulations!!!!🤍🤍🤍
coolcat7 a queen who wears a mask😌
|___dystopia.rb everyone wear your masks or i'll hunt your toes in the night >:(
doodoohead1 why doesn't she reveal her identity like wtf?
realstraykids proud of you! -hanji
|___dystopia.rb 🥺🤍
|___coolcat8 BRUH WHAT? STRAY KIDS? HOL AWN👁o👁
|___coolcat9 WHO IS HANJI? A NEW MEMBER? SIFUVUBFEIU
coolcat10 finally getting the recognition she deserves😼
doodoohead2 she's not even showing her fans her face? is she that ungrateful🤡
eajpark 😳👏👏
|___dystopia.rb run before i start fan girling🙈
|___eajpark 🏃💨

I try to ignore the negative comments and focus on the positive, and right now there's a lot more positive than negative.
"holy shit, ji! WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY LIKES ALREADY?!" i begin to freak out and throw my phone away but quickly grab it back as i hear another notification

eajpark, day6kilogram, realstraykids, dprlive, twicetagram and 535,000 others have followed you in the past 24 hrs

i sit and stare at that notification for a few minutes before jiwoo snaps me back into reality.
"y/n. breathe, come on. don't start panicking on me okay?" she tries to calm me down which works to no avail. i quickly walk to my bathroom, lock the door and turn the shower on before taking my clothes off and sitting in the bottom of the shower. the only way i know how to stop my panic attacks. i spend almost an hour lying on the floor, calming my breathing. this my friends is why i would not do well constantly being in the spotlight. my dear pal ✨anxiety✨. i've struggled with it since my early teens, but that is how my passion for music started. i would spend hours escaping from the crushing and suffocating feelings and expectations of the outside world, and work on my vocals, producing and rapping.

i finally turn the shower off, wrap myself in a towel and walk out into my bedroom to grab some clothes before walking back into the bathroom to put them on:

i dry my hair and walk downstairs, into my living room to see ji walking through the front door with a grocery bag. she puts it on the kitchen bench before walking over to me and engulfing me in a bear hug.
"i'm sorry" i mumble into her shoulder as i wrap my arms around her waist.
"no don't apologise baby. this is all crazy" she shushes me and rocks us side to side before stepping back.
"i went out and got us ice-cream" she says with a reassuring smile.
"choc-mint?" i ask, a smile forming on my lips and ji nods and smiles at my change in mood.
"aaah jiwoo you truly are the best person in the world" i quickly hug her again and shuffle into the kitchen to grab some spoons.
"yeah. i know" she says bluntly and we both begin to laugh. we spend half the day lounging around on the couch before jiwoo leaves for work at 2pm. i turn the tv off and walk up the stairs and head into my music room. i'm welcomed by the sweet aroma that this room just has. i have no idea what it is considering this is the only room in the whole apartment that doesn't have candles but it feels like home. i hop into my chair and get to work, trying to ignore the annoying track that I've been trying to fix for months so i can work on some new tracks.

---------------------------------------------
happy chan day🙈✨

JAMIE IF UR READING THIS ILY WHORE GAGEGEGEGEDDFBBU