Chapter 2 | The Shielder

"Arrogance is a deadly blade that cuts the wielder deeper than the victim."

From what Sakura picked up on the King's brief explanation, they are heroes who wield special weapons that will greatly help the country to gain victory during the Wave of Catastrophe, which is what brought them there in the first place. Heroes are needed to protect the world from the monsters that this Wave will send out.

The way the story goes was all too familiar to her. She can see similarities between the game that she would always play back in her world, and the situation of this world that she currently is in. However, she had a feeling that this is no game at all.

"We underestimated the prophesied Waves. We realized once we actually experienced one that only the Five Cardinal Heroes could counter them. And so, we followed the legend and summoned the five of you. We have no time to lose." The King finishes off with a plead for their help.

The story is exactly as Brave Star Online.

She didn't know that being sucked into a game would be possible. Though, it appears that the game is actually a whole new world that they have yet to discover. A sudden sharp slash of a sword echoed around the room and pulled her back into reality. She looks to the side, finding the raven-haired male being the cause of the sound.

"Didn't he know that's dangerous? What if he suddenly hit my knees?" She keeps her judgemental thoughts deep within her mind.

It irked her that someone who doesn't even know the basics of using a sword acts so cocky and laidback, as if he wasn't even affected by the news coming down on them so soon. She wanted nothing more than to beat his ass and put it back to its place, but she cannot.

Not in front of an audience.

"We kind of get the gist now. Anyway, surely you didn't summon us expecting us to save you for free." He says.

"Of course, once you repel all the Waves, we shall reward you handsomly."

An odd-looking man, who Sakura assumes to be the King's spokesperson, answered with a seemingly smug smirk. She fought really hard to stop herself from rolling her eyes right then and there.

"Will you, now? Well, as long as we have your word." Motoyasu's chin tilted down.

"We'll work with you provided you don't turn on us, but don't think for a moment that you can tame us."

"Exactly. We can't have you looking down on us."

"R-right,"

"Hold up," Sakura raised a hand, switching her blade to the other to hold both. "I didn't agree to any of this. Send me back to my world and find someone else to fill this spot."

"We cannot do that, young lady."

"And why not?"

"There is no provided ritual to send back heroes. If you want to return to your world, you will need to win all of the Waves."

"There is no merit for me in fighting for you people. Whatever you compensate us with in the end, we won't be able to bring back in our world. Do you think I'm stupid?" Sakura arched an eyebrow. "These people by my side may blindly accept your conditions, but I won't. Find someone else."

"Again, we cannot do that unless you win all the Waves." The King glared at her, daring her to say more. They literally had the five dancing on their open palm because of their forceful summoning. If they want to return, they need to meet their conditions. It isn't a fair play in any angle you look at. Sakura was about to give a piece of her mind to the said ruler, but was suddenly held back by the blonde and raven on her sides.