Chapter 5 | Difference

"One who feels nothing was one who lost everything."

After the incident with the Shield Hero, Sakura leads her party out of the castle and to the docks where they can speak privately. She kept her arms folded over her chest, silently listening to the clicks of her ankle boots that she brought with her when she was transported here in the first place. The squad followed silently behind her. They didn't know what to expect with her silence, but they were sure that it has something to do with the accusation from earlier this morning.

Sakura stops by the edge of the cobblestone, eyes gazing at the crystal blue water flowing like a river around the country. She releases a small sigh and turned around to face the four. They immediately straightened up and avoided her eyes.

"I'm not forcing any of you to join my party simply because I'm the Dagger Hero. Let's begin with that." She said. "You can tell me if you want to leave. There's no hard feelings there. Just tell me. With the stunt I pulled earlier, you should know by now that I'm not one to take bullshit from anyone."

Her eyes have always been so powerful, yet dead at the same time. All four of them wondered what happened to her that brought her to that version of herself, but they didn't want to anger the Dagger Hero for asking something so personal. She was transparent. She isn't afraid to reveal her true intentions.

But, her personal life is surely one she may want to keep hidden.

"W-when you stood up for Naofumi-sama," Ria was the first to speak up. "Why did you? There was undeniable evidence in front of us."

"His eyes weren't lying when he said he had no idea about it. The whole thing was a setup from the very beginning." Sakura shifted her weight on one leg. "Though, no one will listen to observations only a few can pick up."

"Is that what you meant when you asked if framing is punishable by death? Are you saying that the first princess framed the Shield Hero?"

"First princess?" Sakura's eyebrow arched at the new information. "Myne is the first princess?"

"She is the first daughter of the King." Freya confirms.

"Makes it worse, then. The King could be behind it for all I know." Sakura groaned. "Anyway, that's not a problem I should deal with. Let's get back in track. Those of you who wish to leave, you may do so now."

The four looked at each other. There was hesitance in their eyes. Sakura can see it, but she remained silent and waited for someone to speak up. She doesn't want to have to work with people who holds a grudge on her. That will be quite troublesome and time-consuming for her.

They were contemplating. There is no denying that.

"W-we," Nami bit down his lip. "We wish to follow your orders, Sakura-sama!"

Said girl's eyebrows narrowed. She expected that all of them would leave the party. After what she's done right in front of the throne, disrespecting the King's order, she was prepared to have many people going against her.

Even if it meant her own teammates who she only knew for a day.

"Are you all sure?" She asked again. "I'm not the best person to work with."

They were aware of that.

However, Sakura does participate in the group. She discretely helps the entire squad in improving just yesterday when they were out in the field to level up. She even taught them techniques to last longer in battle. If that wasn't her subtle way of showing concern, then they don't know what concern is.

Sakura cares. She simply doesn't show it in the best of ways.

"Very sure, Sakura-sama."

She sighs. "Very well. We're going to form strategies after we level up. I don't want anyone blaming me for deaths."