Chapter 14 | Just Once

Credits to the creator of the image above.

_____

"Your heart knows it before your mind does."

Team Sakura gawked at their leader as she came out of her room the day after her trial. As promised by the King, her terms were met and everything she requested for was given to her in an instant. That includes the set of clothes she asked for. She was given three options after the trial, and Sakura could instantly tell that the clothes and armor were made of fine material that are rare to find all around the country.

She was satisfied with what she got out of the trial. Because of Myne and her aggressiveness, she was able to score a new set of clothes for free. It was a huge win on her part, considering that she was put into trial to be killed in the first place. She changed the tide before they could even see it. She was sure that the King nor the nobles present won't dare lay a finger on her now that they knew what she was capable of.

Though, she cannot say the same for a certain magenta-haired girl that she only infuriated more with this win.

"Sakura-sama, you look great!" Ria was quick to compliment their leader when she arrived in the dining area of the inn.

She sits on the only empty spot by the round table and found her food already set in front of her. Sakura took her time changing her clothes earlier this morning because wearing armor was harder than she expected it to be. No one could blame her. She had a mere chest plate in the beginning.

Now that she thought about it, she battled against Glass head-on without an armor. She could say that it was a fair fight since Glass herself didn't have armor.

The girl had a freaking kimono when she was fighting. Sakura had to admit that she was impressed how the girl was able to fight with those tall Okobo. If it were her, she'd be a clumsy mess and would fall without even being able to land an attack on her opponent.

"It appears you're a huge fan of black too." Haru hums.

The armor that Sakura settled with was a full black armor with provided undergarments of the opposite color, white. Not only that, but the long cloak that came along with it was black too. The dark color easily dominated the light ones that anyone could barely notice.

Sakura has the tendency to feel more powerful when wearing the said color, which is the reason why she chose this set rather than the red and pink one that was offered to her yesterday. Those colors were too bright for her. It would also clash with the pink tips of her hair. With black, however, any color will be complemented.

"Black is superior." Was her reply to her party members.

Freya and Nami giggled at her response to the two who complimented her. The air was cleared within their party after Sakura willingly apologized to them for neglecting her duties. Because of the previous events with yesterday, they came to understand why she was pushed to making that decision. If it were them in her position and the first princess was going out of her way to make her life miserable, they wouldn't want to help her country either.

Sakura's anger got the best of her back then, but she won't let it get the best of her next time.

She needs to accept that this world is unfair, just like how it was back in her world. The only difference now is that she needs to stay strong because she had people to protect. She cares for them, even when she doesn't want to show it. Her actions do all the talking to relay the message.

"So, what's the agenda today?" Freya asks.

Sakura forked a piece of meat she cut and chewed on it before replying with, "We head east to have your weapons checked. After that, training, I guess."