Chapter 3 | See Through Eyes

A/N: sorry for not updating sooner. wifi got cut and it seriously sucks :"))

Enjoy reading!!!

_____

"The eyes are the window to the soul, and the messenger of sealed lips."

The next morning, the five heroes were called in the throne room for them to get a look on their party members. Sakura stands in the middle of their line, her arms folded over her chest as she stood straight in across the King. Her eyes held a glint that made him waver, but he didn't dare show it in front of his royal subjects. He knew that she was sending him a message that challenges his throne.

He finds it unpleasant for someone like her to be looking down on his capabilites as the King. What does she know, anyway? She is nothing but a weak girl from another world who was summoned to fight for them. She cannot do anything that will threaten his position.

"We have gathered brave warriors who will fight the Waves with you legendary heroes." The King said. ""Now, our future champions. It is time to begin your journey!"

The warriors marched forward towards the heroes, walking past them to get in line behind their chosen leaders. Sakura releases a sigh, finding the even pointless for her. As she looked over her shoulder, she sees four people lining up behind her. It only depend her scowl to see that there were actual fighters who chose her as their leader.

"Eh?!" Naofumi turned behind him to see no one lining up. "Three...four...five...Yo, King!"

"I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this."

"No volunteers? He must have no charisma."

Sakura's eyes narrowed in front of her. It didn't go unnoticed by Ren standing beside her. He came to know of her watchful eyes since their arrival yesterday. She may not show it, but she is keeping an eye on her surroundings to analyze the events unfolding.

Nothing goes past her.

"So, there have been rumors." The King sighs.

"Did something happen?" Itsuki urges.

"Well, rumors that the Shield Hero is ignorant of this world have spread around town. Legend says the heroes come with a firm understanding of our lands."

"Legend must be bullshit, then." Sakura spoke.

"What did you say, Dagger Hero?"

She knew that this was a set-up from the beginning. She didn't understand why the King was being biased, but she was not about to let them disrespect Naofumi when they haven't even come to know of the man. "I'm saying that all of us were clueless in the beginning. With that in mind, none of us should have party members lining up behind us." She said. "But, then again, I am a stranger in this land. You four,"

She looks over her shoulder to see her party members. The first one, the closest to her, visibly shivered under her gaze. "I'm having a talk with all of you after this."

"You run a pretty rude mouth for a woman." The spokesperson says.

"Oh, shit. Should I apologize?" Sakura sends a mocking scowl.

Someone from Motoyasu's line of party members raised a hand. "My King,"

Everyone turned to the pink-haired lady with a rather seductive figure. One look at her and Sakura already knew that she was up to no good at all. She didn't bother hiding a tsk before turning to the front to glare at the King, but her wrist was suddenly grasped by someone else's.