Chapter 13 | Fire Back

"What you give is what you get."

Myne was angry.

She hates how Sakura's eyes were daring her to make her next move. It almost felt like she was the prey that Sakura was hunting. When in fact, she should be the one laughing at the other side of the room. She had the upper hand. The Dagger Hero was about to meet her death, regardless of her title as Dagger Hero.

Myne was going to win.

"You're boldly looking for proof because you knew that you destroyed it." She said. "Bring him in."

The knight, who Sakura recognized was the one who was holding the crystal ball back in the forest, entered the room and stood in front of the throne. He takes out a shard of glass from his pocket.

"As the royal knights were capturing Sakura, she destroyed the crystal ball that was recording the entire event for validation." He says.

"Is this true?" The King asks, knowing that they already win this.

"Yeah," Sakura shrugged. "Shall I state why, then?"

"There is no need for you to."

"Oh, but I want to." Sakura smirked, lowering one of her hands to her side as the other remained on her hip. "You were going to alter the images and broadcast it all around the country to frame me, right?"

"Why would we do such an atrocious act?" The King glares at her. "You're clearly making your excuses. There is no escape for you now."

"Am I really the one lying?" Sakura began to laugh. "My, what a corrupted kingdom this is."

"How dare you laugh--"

"You see," Sakura took out the crystal ball that she had been hiding. "I was recording the event myself."

Naofumi's eyes widened.

Sakura just revealed her trump card. She had evidence against them, which is why she was awfully calm and silent during the questioning. Deep in the back of her mind, she was laughing at the lies that the throne was making up to torment her.

She was only waiting for them to finish their laughable yapping to slap the truth right in their faces.

There was an audience around them too.

With the presence of the four heroes and their parties, the throne couldn't do anything against her once they watch the image. If they want to keep the truth from coming out, then they will have to kill all of the heroes in the throne room.

It will leave them defenseless against the Wave.

Checkmate.

They badly need them, especially at Glass's appearance.

Sakura is the only one known to stand a chance against her. Many can testify at that, including the heroes present in the throne room with them today.

"Wanna see?" She tosses the ball on her hand and caught it effortlessly, smiling in a sickeningly innocent manner.

Myne fisted her hands, teeth gritted behind pursed lips as she glared harder at the girl defying her. She was the first princess, yet a mere girl who came from another world was looking down on her. It was an irritating feeling that she had been receiving from the latter since their arrival.

She absolutely hates it.

"Play it, then." She chuckled. "Either way, you're only showing how rotten you are."

"Rotten, I wonder." Sakura hummed. She pouted, activating the crystal ball and projected the image to the air.

"Say, why are you framing me this time?"