Chapter 01

One year ago

"Hey fatty Camila." A couple boys smirked as they walked past the girl, hitting her shoulder and snickering.

She ignored them and dragged her hoodie farther down to cover her face and tightened the straps of her backpack, increasing her pace. After today, they're going to regret ever bullying her.

"Hey babe!" The brown hair girl couldn't help but smile a little at her best friend's voice, the gorgeous Lauren Jauregui. Long, wavy dark brown locks that she had dyed brunette over the break fell in perfect careless waves around her slim shoulders.

Her tan made her look more alive, and made those green eyes pop with a bat of those long lashes. Her jawline was on point, her nose perfect, her lips luscious. She wore a black sleeveless crop-top, her toned abs showing.  Her long, tanned legs were bare thanks to the ripped cut-off shorts she wore. Stunning was an understatement for the famous Lauren Jauregui. Now their school of course had a dresscode, but no teacher ever really called Lauren out. She was nice to everyone, excelled in her studies, her parents sponsored the school and she never caused any trouble.  Most of the time, they let her go with whatever she wore or chose to ignore it. What a biased system. She smiled her pearly whites at Camila, then moved to give her a hug that left Camila wheezing for breath. She would have hugged her back just as hard, if it weren't for the boys' echoing taunts still in her mind. So instead she managed a small "Hi."

Lauren cocked a perfect eyebrow as she pulled back to look at her.

"What's with the shy Camila today?" She frowned, noticing the look of chagrin in her best friend's face.

She cupped Camila's chin in her hand and lifted her head to meet her eyes.

"You were bullied again." It was a statement and Camila hung her head, not even denying it anymore.

She was just so tired of hearing it all and she knew she should have been used to the insults  by now, but every single time they teased her, she could feel some prick at her heart. It's smaller now, but it's still there. It's the same every day.

"It's no big deal." Camila sighed.
"Let's just go for lunch." She knew they were right.

Her size and weight was unhealthy. She couldn't stop eating junk food and her body was now paying for it. If she kept this up, she'd die sooner. However, bullying her like this wasn't helping in anyway. With a frown still marring her angel-like face, Lauren nodded and linked her arm with Camila heading to the cafeteria.

"I swear if they mess with you one more time.." Lauren grumbled and Camila smiled loving that her friend was so protective of her.

At the cafeteria, people stared as usual at the two unusual best friends. Camila knew they all questioned their friendship, whether it was real or if Lauren was just using her for something.  How could a girl like Lauren be friends with someone like Camila? Their eyes stuck unto Lauren with envy and admiration of her beauty, and they clung to Camila with malice and disgust. Today is the last day and Camila knew she just needed to endure all of this for a few more hours. She has done it for a decade, why not a few more rounds of the clock?  I don't know how the hell I'm going to explain this to Lauren.

As they approached their table, the tall girl gently nudged a petite girl and she looked up to enthusiastically say, "Hey Mila!" then scooted to the side to make space for Camila's seat or rather seats.

She needed two of them to fit. "Thanks Dinah."  Camila smiled and gingerly sat down finding it difficult with her size and weight. Lauren helped her gently holding her bag in one hand and her arm in the other, navigating her. Once she was seated, Lauren took her spot next to Camila and immediately started eating the food their friends had gotten for them.