Chapter 04

Camila walked over to where Lauren sat, her bare arms brushing against hers when she sat down next to her. Her heart skipped a beat and she chastised herself. She's just another hot girl now not your best friend as she repeated in her head and kept her eyes trained on the Physics teacher.

"Ok, now I want you to take out a piece of paper, write down both of your names, and let's head on out to the open gym. We'll do our experiment there." A rustle of paper was heard and out of the corner of her eye Lauren watched as Camila ripped out a piece of paper from her plain black notebook.
"Do you want to write the names or...?" Camila inquired and Lauren ignored her.
"Ok then." She sighed.
"I'll write." She scribbled something and Lauren stole a quick glance.

She doesn't write a small heart over the 'i' in her name anymore. For some reason that bothered Lauren because it was one of the little things Camila always did and that drove her insane. She would put little drawings on her words and Lauren always finds them distracting. It became their thing however, she missed it and she wouldn't admit it.

Without another word, Lauren stood up to her full height of 5'4, grabbed her handbag, and walked out. What the fuck is wrong with me? She was a jumbling mess around Camila. She realized and was grateful to the heavens she didn't do or say anything that would have made her look like an idiot. Camila quietly followed.

Out on the open gym, Mr. Cowell was already giving instructions.

"... so try to see if the momentum would be greater if they want faster, or if their travel time was longer." He demonstrated by having a student stand on a moving platform and giving it a push.
"Your partners will catch you." Lauren watched as the platform abruptly stopped and the skinny guy flew into his partner.

She heard a grunt at the contact and a round of applause and calls from their classmates surrounded her. Her palms were getting sweaty. Why are you nervous? Goodness, just get over this weird experiment and go home. The problem is that she was going to be having her ex-best friend's hot body pressed against hers numerous times for the next hour. Great.

"Come on." Camila motioned to an empty rolling platform and started walking there. Lauren followed and so did her eyes.

Damn that ass.

It was round, perky, and perfect. I bet her boobs are the same. Lauren blonde stopped and mentally slapped herself for the nth time today. She had a boyfriend for God's sake. I'm straight. I'm straight. I'm straight. I'm str-

"I think one of the wheels is stuck." Camila bent down and Lauren's green orbs widened.

Oh my God, that ass.

She wanted to smack it. She wanted to see it bent over with herself over it. This time, Lauren physically slapped herself. What the hell was that thought just now?

"Hey you ok there Lauser?" Dinah walked by smirking.
"Try to keep your hands to yourself yeah? We wouldn't want this to end in a catASStrophe."  She emphasized the 'ass' part and smacked Lauren's, making her glare at her.
"Hi cheechee." Camila had stood back up and shyly greeted Dinah.

Dinah squealed and wrapped her arms around the short girl's neck.

"I thought you'd never recognize me Chancho, we haven't said a proper hello!" She squeezed her old friend tight, making it a bit harder for Camila to breathe.
"Of...course...I'd....recognize...you." Camila wheezed as she hugged her back.
"You haven't changed much."
"Well, I'm insulted." Dinah pulled back and frowned.
"I grew more taller this year!" Camila raised a perfect brow.
"A few millimeters doesn't count." Then she laughed and it sounded melodious to Lauren's ears.