Chapter 19

The video was obviously taken from a hidden camera. A cloth in which it was probably buried in covered part of the screen, but the important people could be clearly seen. Clara Jauregui's slim form was unmistakable as she spoke with Matthew. The only other person in the room was a bearded man that was standing guard at the door.

"I've heard rumors that my niece is alive." Matthew said lowly, his voice quite static in the video.
"I need you to keep a lookout at your little town. The Duchess was laughably fond of your town, so the princess will most likely be there."
"I already have my suspicions, your highness." Mrs. Jauregui's silky voice filled the quiet room.
"I'll let you know when I'm sure."
"For the sake of your family, Mrs. Jauregui, I hope so." Matthew Hussey straightened his tie. "I didn't kill my brother and his wife just for their child to walk away free. If she is indeed alive and I find out your family has associated with her in any way, there will be consequences and we don't want that, do we?"
"No, Your Highness." Mrs. Jauregui's voice slightly trembled.

Then the video suddenly cut off right there. It was but a few seconds worth of footage, but the impact it had on everyone that heard could last a lifetime. Lauren's chest constricted as realization dawned on her.

Your family has associated with her. There will be consequences.

At the sleepover, while they were watching a movie, her own mother had slipped the pig's heart on her sink to scare her and to keep her away from Camila. She was also the one who drove Demi back to their house to pick up their things. She probably kept Demi in the car a few extra minutes longer just enough time for the ambush to set in place. After the shooting at school, she was the first one on the scene unscathed. It took at least a twenty-minute drive from their house to school. No way could she have been there in five minutes. She must have known about the shooting. They weren't supposed to shoot at Lauren even because she was her daughter. That was a mistake and Brad had been hurt because of it. Her own mother had told them to stay at their house because she knew that in a few days they would get abducted from there. All of the puzzle pieces came into place in Lauren's mind and her knees weakened at the weight of it all.

Camila stared at her own uncle with hatred. Her fingers itched to clutch the mic and stab it into his eye. Demi watched her tense up and tightened her grip on his throat, making him claw at her arm. She gave her a look, reminding her that she was on television and millions were watching.

"You..killed my parents." Camila's voice and tone had never been this dark, this low. It was low enough so that only he could hear, and the mic couldn't pick it up.
"You'll spend the rest of your life regretting that. You shouldn't have touched me."

And everyone I hold dear.

The crowd were murmuring once more, this time in anger and horror at what their temporary leader had done. The cameras were clicking and flashing like crazy still going live on record. Matthew let out a yell of anger and slammed his head against Demi's nose stunning her and weakening her grip on him.

"Get them you useless fucktards!" He yelled at his guards from across the room.

They charged at the stage, but they forgot that the celebrities were not only paid to look good, but to be physically fit as well. They blocked them easily grabbing their guns and keeping them from getting close to the Crown Princess. Actors that did blockbuster movies, stuntmen, and even some women joined in the block, not letting a single one pass through. Seeing his plan fail, Matthew grabbed Camila before Demi could recover and took out a handgun from behind his shirt. He gripped her tight across her throat, the barrel of the gun pressed against her temple.

"I'll fucking shoot her." He looked like a madman.

Brad took a step towards him and he pressed the gun harder against her head, making Camila cry out. Brad stopped, his hands splayed out to try and calm down his dad. Lauren was beside him, adrenaline coursing through her veins.