Chapter 14

"Omg, I'm so relieved you guys are alright." Ally shamelessly enveloped Lauren and Camila in a hug.
"We've tried calling and messaging you guys, but all we've been getting are these vague-ass answers that are lame as hell. Explain."  She frowned.
"Yeah." Normani crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"Why is Mila staying here? And what-" "Pardon." Demi's lover interrupted by walking in to grab her phone that she had forgotten at the lobby area where the teens were gathered.  "Lunch is ready."  Both Normani, Ally, and Dinah gawked.

Kittens unaware of the attention she was drawing in her yoga pants and muscle tee, simply took another bite of the cucumber in her hand while checking her phone. She didn't seem to have noticed the newcomers; she was so engrossed in something on her sleek device. She then practically sashayed back into the dining room and soon they could hear her volunteering to help with setting up.

"Good god." Camila laughed slightly at the unhinged jaw of her three friends.
"You've never seen another human being before?"
"That's a human being?" Dinah fanned herself.  "I was thinking something more along the lines of goddess." Normani and Ally numbly nodded extending their hands for Dinah to high-five lamely while still staring after the gorgeous tall redhead.
"Now about that explanation.." Dinah was the first to break from their stare to look at Lauren.  "Let's talk after lunch." Lauren smiled somewhat nervously.

She wasn't sure if she would want to tell the truth to her friends, so she was going to let Camila take this one.

"No." Mani held up her hands.
"You've been avoiding for too long. We want the full explanation now. There's something weird going on and we can all sense it."  Ally agreed with her sister.
"You can trust us, you know. Whatever you have to say, we can keep it a secret." Lauren shook her head.
"No seriously-"
"She's right. It's not fair to keep them waiting longer." Camila gently placed a hand on Lauren's arm to still her.
"I'll tell Mrs. Jauregui we'll be having our lunch later. I'll explain everything downstairs now." Camila took a deep breath and Lauren just about smacked her forehead.

She sighed because she didn't know who to trust anymore at this point. Then almost immediately she felt a slight guilt for not trusting their friends.

"Come on then." Lauren waved them towards the elevator.
"To the gaming room."
"Right the elevator." Ally raised a brow.
"I forgot how rich you were Lauren."
"Um...excuse me?" Dinah raised her hand tentatively like a pre-schooler asking a question.
"I get the explaining part, but we're not totally skipping lunch right? They'll bring some food downstairs..?"
"All you think about is food DJ." Mani poked her ribs.
"No wonder you're gaining weight."
"I will eat you if you don't shut up Kordei." Dinah hissed and Mani quickly went behind Ally.
"Angry DJ is the worst."
"Pfft." Ally flipped her hair.
"Nothing scares me. I'm the queen of calm."

———

"YOU'RE A PRINCESS?! Wait a minute, If you're a princess, why don't you just announce that you're alive to the people now rather than wait for your 18th birthday and get killed or something before then?" Ally was rambling, pacing the floor and running her hands through her hair shock still evident in her features after Camila's quick confession.

Even knowing that their friends would never tell another soul of something like this, Lauren and Camila made them swear not to anyway (they even bribed the twins with chocolate just to be sure) they reacted a lot differently than how Lauren's parents did.

I guess it's true that adults are more level-headed about things like these. Teens are just plain drama queens.

"Because Ally, this entire time I've been afraid of what my uncle would do to me and now another problem would be getting the people of Sussex to believe that I'm their princess." Camila laid back against the couch.
"I can't just walk up and be like, 'Hey guys by the way I'm the princess you thought had died eighteen years ago and I'm here to rule again!" She mocked herself whilst burying her face in her hands.
"I never wanted this, but I have a duty to my parents. Shit, I just don't know what to do anymore."
"So what happens when you turn eighteen? Is it any different?"A wide-eyed Dinah had a bag of chips and was eating away.