Chapter 09

"You bitch." The voice growled in her ear.
"You thought you could hide from me and we'd never find you huh?" Camila's eyes widened.

The room was pitch black and she couldn't see a thing, but she knew that voice.

Is it Brad?

"Don't worry." The voice sounded like it was smiling almost.
"I won't kill you. We want you to suffer first. Three months we looked for you princess and he doesn't like waiting. Death would be too merciful."

She tried to wrench herself away when she felt something cold and metallic press against her arm and her scream was once again muffled.  She tried kicking the door to gain attention outside, but the man immediately held her legs and brought her to the floor making her moan in pain at the impact. Camila could feel adrenaline rushing through her veins and her heart pound against the hard concrete floor. The man was heavy and had his whole weight on top of her.

Oh God. She cried silently.
I'm not gonna make it.

Suddenly, the door was kicked down. Camila almost screamed in relief at the sight of the light passing through the opened door. Just as quickly, the man was wrenched away and she took a deep breath, gasping for air. She quickly looked to see her hero slamming the man against the side of the door, banging his head on the edge. The man got dizzy, but swung an attempt of a punch at the direction of the newcomer. He failed when the latter blocked it easily and kneed him on the stomach before elbowing the back of his head to knock him unconscious. A thud sounded when the man fell to the floor and Camila sighed in relief.

"Are you ok?" The voice went over to where
Camila was gently helping her sit up.

She was disoriented and tried to see his face clearer.

"Brad?"
"Yeah Camila." He was busy looking at her body for bruises or cuts, a look of concern on his face.
"Are you hurt anywhere? I'm calling the police."  She immediately grabbed his jack sleeve and winced when she felt a sharp pain shoot through her ribs.
"No." She said sternly.
"The police can't get involved in this. Trust me, it's only going to get worse." He stopped then, looking at her and frowning.
"What? Why the fuck not?"
"Brad, please." Camila pleaded.
"Do me a favor and don't tell anyone. I'm begging you. I'll explain soon. Can you dump his body somewhere? I need no one to know about this. If they find the body in here and your fingerprints, you'll get involved with the police." She looked so desperate and so battered up he reluctantly nodded his head, still looking confused.
"O-okay right." She knew about his drug problem.

If the police questioned him and searched him, it's the end of his perfect life.

"I'll be back." He took a peek out the hallway. 

Seeing no one there, he bent down to pick up the man's legs to drag him.

"Wait." Camila stopped him.
"What about the cameras?"
"No cameras." Brad grunted with the man's weight.
"Damn security guard doesn't even look at it. Look. No red lights. Not turned on."

He nodded his head over to the black device facing them across the hall. Brad grunted again and hurriedly dragged the body down the hall and out the back of the school where people would just assume he was a stranger that got drunk the night before and decided to crash there. He came back immediately to help Camila up, slinging her arm over his shoulder to walk out the back.

They passed by the unconscious man who threatened Camila and she got a good look on his face. It was one of her uncle's henchmen. She ground her teeth in anger and pain as she allowed Brad to help her across the parking lot and into his car.

Were there more of them?

If they knew where she was, she's in grave danger and so are the people around her. She needed to disappear.