Chapter 12

Camila felt the blood drain from her face.

Not Demi.

Seeing the look of pure horror on Camila's face, Clara immediately followed it up.

"Oh god no, she's not dead." She quickly explained.
"She's in the hospital. They say that she had a few broken bones, but nothing that was threatening her life." Camila almost dropped to the floor in relief.
"Then why do you look so scared if you don't mind me asking?" Camila asked.

She was already walking back inside the room to change. She was going to the hospital to see Demi right now.

"Shouldn't you be relieved?"
"Camila mija." Clara's voice had a hint of worry.
"A witness said that she saw ten big men beating her down in her house. That's when she called 911 and the police came before they could do more damage." She shakily sat on their bed.
"Ten men." Camila momentarily stopped, confusion filling up her mind once more.

Demi Lovato is a trained assassin. She could take down at least I5 people if she wanted to even when they were armed. So why the hell is she beat up now by only ten? Unless...Camila clenched the jeans she was putting on.

She was ambushed.

She gently shook Lauren awake, "Laur, I have to go."
"Wait, l'll come with you." was the groggy reply.

And somehow in this tight situation, Camila found it adorable that Lauren didn't even stop to ask where they were going or what was happening. She just wanted to go with her.

"I'm going." Camila was about to retort and tell her to just stay home, but to her surprise, Clara nodded.
"I'll get the car ready. Meet me downstairs in five minutes." Both girls looked at each other.

Even when just woken up, Lauren expected her mother to keep them from going just to be safe due to everything that's happened, but perhaps, Clara Jauregui saw something in Camil's eyes that couldn't make her say no. As soon as the door closed, Lauren got up quickly to take her shirt off to change. She had five minutes to get ready.

As she did, she remembered that she wasn't wearing a bra and that Camila was right in front of her. She only realized this when the shirt was already halfway off her head. As soon as the shirt cleared her lips, soft ones pressed against them. Lauren didn't even think and kissed her back, momentarily forgetting to take the rest of the shirt off and leaving her blind for a while. Camila helped her take the rest of the shirt off, her lips detaching for a moment and then locking with her's again. She felt her bare breasts press against her clothed ones, and she reached down to squeeze her ass before pulling down her pajama shorts.

"We have five minutes, what are you doing?" Lauren said in between kisses.
"I'm helping you get changed." Camila replied innocently.

She only meant to give Lauren a peck on the lips since she looked so adorable, but the sight of those tits exposed to the cold air distracted her and she didn't pull away as quick as she wanted to.

"Where are we going again?" Lauren's question made Camila remember Demi again and she sobered up quickly, pulling away and helping Lauren find her clothes.
"God, I totally forgot." She ran a veined hand through her hair.
"Demi's in the hospital. I have to get to her." She quickly explained, taking her phone.

Lauren frowned then nodded quickly putting on her clothes. This clearly wasn't the right time to be making out, but she just couldn't resist Camila.

God, what is wrong with me?

On the other side of the room, as Camila held the door open for them to go out, she had the exact same thought. Her friend was beaten up and in the hospital and what was she doing? Allowing herself to be distracted by the girl who lost her boyfriend because of her. The guilt came back.