Chapter 13

Lauren laid on her bed looking at old youtube videos on her laptop and pondering about her relationship with Camila. It's been three days since Demi had been hospitalized and it's been three days since their last kiss. And for the past three days Kittens had rarely ever left their side. Since then the french woman had told them to just relax and let her do her job, just until Camila could turn 18 in a week.

So relax is what Lauren did. It was better than thinking about the impending threats and possible attacks they could face. She wouldn't think of that. Her dad had hired security outside and they had Kittens on the inside. Besides, it's been three days of quiet and Demi was coming home today. Everything was looking up. Maybe everything else was behind them after all.

After watching her fifth video about dog rescues, Lauren sighed and shut off her laptop before rolling on her back and staring up at the ceiling.

I can't let my parents know about what's going on between Camila and I. She thought as she blew air out her mouth.
They'd probably freak.

Due to their parents and kittens being constantly around, both girls barely stayed close to each other only truly touching when they were asleep on Lauren's bed. Kittens had said it was easier to guard them when they were together and because they were paranoid of her suddenly barging in Lauren's room during the night, they never tried anything.

However, Lauren could practically feel their sexual tension. Doing nothing about it for the past three days only seemed to make it worse. She wondered if Camila could feel it too.

"Mija?" Her mom knocked on the door, poking her head in.
"Oh. What are you doing?" Lauren shrugged not taking her eyes off her ceiling.
"Was just watching some Youtube videos." "Ah. Dog videos, I presume." Lauren smiled rolling over to lay on her stomach and facing her mom.
"Yep.What's up?"
"Do you mind running down to the gym to call Camila and Miss Abedeni? It's lunchtime." Clara checked her watch.
"Why didn't you just voice message the panel downstairs?" Lauren cocked a brow, internally thinking about how her mom was so behind with the technology.
"They're not responding." Clara shrugged.
"So go on. Do it the 'old-fashioned' way, you lazy bum." She winked then disappeared.

Lauren sighed and her mother was right, she was lazy.

"Oh." Her mom added suddenly popping back in.
"Dinah, Ally, and Mani are coming over later. They said they were worried about you."
"That's sweet of them." Lauren said as she walked to the door.
"God, I've missed them anyway." She truly did miss her friends.

Ever since the shooting at their school, the only time they've ever talked was online and not in person since her parents didn't want them going out for their own safety. So now it looks like the party was coming to them. If they started asking questions, Lauren had no idea how to think of a better lie than the fact that Camila was a fucking princess and a french mob was after her life and quite possibly hers too.

Life is great.

She bounded down the stairs preferring the padded sound of her feet compared to the soft whirring of their glass elevator. She didn't like elevators. As she neared their gym room, she heard grunts and paddings being hit. She softly nudged the frosted glass door open only to see two very attractive, very sweaty women in action. Kittens was dressed in a tight black tank top and leggings. Her red, flowy hair was tight back in a long braid and a head band kept the rest of her hair away from her face. She dropped to the ground to avoid the kick Camila had thrown at her and quickly delivered a low leg-swipe that knocked Camila off her feet making her growl. Camila immediately jumped back on her feet, both her hands up and ready again. She wore a nike black sports bra and short athletic shorts that showed off her toned legs and abs. Her fists were encased in black half-gloves, her hair tied up in a ponytail. Droplets of sweat rivuleted down her neck, arms, and flat stomach as she grunted with effort to block the fast french-woman's punches. And because of Camila's height, Lauren had expected her to move more awkwardly, like how usually short people would, but it was far from that. Camila moved with the speed and grace of someone who trained for hours a day. Her muscles were in full display to Lauren's eyes and it made heat spool at the bottom of her belly. Everytime she punched, her stomach would contract. Her muscles were lean, but not too big and her femininity mingled with a bit of masculinity. Every movement she did was fast, but not fast enough for the taller red head. On Camila's last punch, kittens pulled her down and flipped on top of her, pinning her down with her weight and having her arms pressed behind her back. It all happened so quickly That Lauren pinched herself for blinking.