t w e l v e

c h a p t e r  12

"I'm amazing, I know." He brushed his hair up.

"You're entitled to your wrong opinion." I walked ahead.

"Just admit that I'm the best dancer you've ever met."

He was.

"I've seen air mascots dance better."

I haven't.

"I made you blush."

He did.

"The weather was hot."

It wasn't.

"Are you gonna deny everything I say?"

"Yes." I answered too quickly. I bowed an apology as I collided with a stranger.

He snapped his fingers. "So you admit you're just denying it!" He exclaimed as if it was the greatest discovery of his lifetime.

"I'm entitled to an attorney." The air in my lungs almost got knocked out as I collided with a much larger stranger.

He laughed loudly before putting his hands over my shoulder, pulling me to his side. "Oh, Pororo. The lengths you go to just to avoid complimenting me." He pinched my cheeks rather hardly.

I yelped in pain before raising a fist, attempting to threaten him. "You have a death wish?" I snarled.

He didn't even flinch and just beamed a smile. "So, where we off to?" He swayed, causing my body to sway with him since his arms were around me.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "Home, duh."

We had just finished our cups of ice cream and was now walking along the very busy streets of Itaewon.

"The night is young, Pororo. And so are we." He gestured to the open air. 

"The agreement was to get ice cream and go home." I said. I resisted the urge to stop by every store that we passed by. There were a lot of things to do in Itaewon yet I don't think I'm with the right person.

"I don't remember agreeing to that." He pulled me towards a nearby stall.

It was a small stall that was selling various types of scarves. Hyunjin bowed respectfully to the woman behind the tables. "Hello! Look around! We have plenty of patterns to choose from!" The woman greeted cheerily. "Aya~ What a handsome young boy." She cooed.

Hyunjin smiled shyly before turning to me. "Hear that? Handsome." He smirked, shrugging.

"It's called marketing tactic, dumbass." I rolled my eyes at him.

He frowned at me before picking up a scarf and aggressively wrapping it around my neck, obscuring half my face. "There. You look pretty." He smiled sarcastically.

I also did it to him but with a bit of struggle since he was too tall for me. I failed in retaliating. He still looked like a model. "Pretty." I murmured, disappointed.