t h i r t y - s e v e n

c h a p t e r  37

I've read somewhere before that it was possible to have a stroke without you realising it. They're called silent strokes. And I think I was having one. On a second thought, now that I've said it, was it still considered a silent stroke? Anyway, it's safe to say that I was internally combusting.

"Miso, when will you stop avoiding my confessions? It's getting embarrassing." Hyunjin sighed as he played with my fingers.

My lips parted. "I'm not avoiding it." I mumbled, pressing my lips together.

"You're literally spacing out."

"You called me 'Miso'." I pointed out.

He tore his eyes away from my hands for a second. "That is your name." He chuckled before lightly touching a scar that I got from a long time ago.

"That's the second time you've called me by my name." I added, dumbly.

He hummed and turned quiet for a while. "Maybe because that way, you'll believe me when I say I like you." He frowned. "I'm not just messing with you, Miso."

"Okay."

Stunned and jaw agape, his head whipped towards my direction. "Okay, what?"

"Okay, I believe you."

"So, would you?" He raised a brow.

"Would I what?"

"Be mine."

I kid you not, I was 100% sure that the world hated me because before I could even blink, the door swings open.

"We're home!" Jeongin exclaimed, emerging with Jisung.

"Baby! I brought home some stew!" Jisung announced with his loud ass voice. "I mean, it's leftovers but whatever." He still hasn't noticed my presence and was still taking off his shoes by the doorway. "I also bought some medicine and if that doesn't work I'll just kiss your fever goodbye."

"And that's my cue." I stood up and dusted my pants, ready to leave.

Upon hearing my voice, Jisung tripped on his own feet causing him to fall on the floor. I gasped when Jeongin tripped over the latter. The fall did not seem to bother them and instead stared at me wide-eyed from the floor. I waved awkwardly. Hyunjin was visibly annoyed.

"Are those Hyunjin's clothes?" Jeongin exclaimed with a slight blush.

I tugged on the sleeves, uncomfortably. "Uh, yeah. My clothes kind of got wet." I explained shortly.

Jisung gasped dramatically. "Did you guys.."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "God no- I-"

Hyunjin stood up from the floor with a pout. "What do you mean 'God no'?" He sulked.

I stared at him incredulously, wondering why the hell did he think it mattered. "I meant-"

Jisung had now covered his mouth in horror. "So you did?" He whispered scandalously.

I don't know why Jeongin seemed to be more flustered than I was. He was touching his ear awkwardly and was looking everywhere but us. I was starting to feel bad for being here.