e i g h t e e n

c h a p t e r 18

I scanned the crowded area, sifting through the seniors who were eating and talking amongst themselves. My eyes subconsciously narrowed, looking for Bang Chan and Seungmin.

"There they are." Hyunjin motioned to a table not far.

"Why are you sitting here?" Seungmin asked as Hyunjin and I placed our trays of food on the table before sitting down in front of them.

"What? You're a tablekeeper now?" Hyunjin sassed, rolling his eyes.

"You can't sit with us." Bang Chan exclaimed.

Hyunjin picked up his chopsticks, not sparing them a glance. "Wow, since when did you become such a mean girl?"

I smirked at that before turning my attention to the plates in front of me. Beans. I involuntarily cringe.

"12 - 1's table is over there, Hyunjin." Seungmin gestured to the table beside us.

"Can't I just sit with two.." He trailed off, side-eying me. "..and a half of my friends?" He asked with a hand on his chest.

Turns out, he didn't want to sit with me per se. He wanted to sit with the two in front of us and I just happen to be their classmate.

A tray slammed on our table causing the four of us to look up. "Thanks for leaving me back there." Jisung said with gritted teeth, lowering himself next to Bang Chan.

"No problem." Hyunjin beamed a smile before continuing his meal.

It seems that Hyunjin had told Jisung to go without him, making the latter sit on a table alone, causing- and I quote, 'a bunch of chicks' to disturb his peace.

They immersed themselves in a conversation as I focused on eliminating the tiny balls of hell known as beans.

"Are you allergic to beans?" Seungmin asked, watching me separate them.

I shook my head. "No. I just don't like them." I mumbled, struggling to pick one up.

"Why?" Hyunjin asked, reaching over my plate, helping me separate.

I take a look at his plate where the eggplants were also  separated. "You don't like eggplants?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

His lips pursed, turning away in silence. "They're not yummy." I hear him whisper.

I tried not to coo at how cute he sounded at the same time that I held my breath when he leaned closer to extract the beans. It was both exceptionally hard to do since he looked so damn adorable focusing with his tongue slightly out.

My thoughts were cut off when the roaring of the skies made everyone in the room jump. The muffled pelting of the droplets against the roof and windows echo all over the room. It was raining! Pouring.

It had been dark when we were on the way up here, however the severity of the rain was completely unexpected. I mentally pat myself on the head for packing an umbrella. Too bad it was in my bag, but still.

As the wind blows harshly, the officiates quickly shuts the glass doors to prevent the area from getting wet.

"Looks like there won't be any activities for today." Bang Chan craned his neck to get a better view of the teachers who were having a small meeting by the corner.

He was right.

"Due to the weather, we won't be able to hold any of the activities scheduled for today. We will officially start tomorrow." One of the teachers announced, catching everyone's attention. The reactions were a mix of joy and despair. "For the mean time, enjoy your lunch and we will be proceeding back to the sleeping quarters. Wait for further announcement."