f o u r t e e n

c h a p t e r  14

Almost everyone in the room groaned collectively. As soon as the proctor had left the room, everyone started discussing their answers. I tried to block out the divided shouts of relief and dismay.

I took a deep breath and stretched my back. It was finally the last day of exams and thankfully, I was confident with my answers. It looked like I was going to graduate after all.

The classroom door slides open, revealing our adviser. My classmates scramble to their seats, waiting to be dismissed.

"So, before I send you home, I have an announcement. But first of all, I'd like to congratulate you for surpassing this week!" He cheered and applauded.

My classmates hollered in reply.

"For the announcement, it's related to the upcoming trip." He started, to which my classmates cheered excitedly.

I was ready to block out his voice, given that I wasn't going to attend but his next words almost made me fall off my chair.

"Attendance is now required." He announced.

What the hell? It was a week-long trip and I was so ready to binge watch my long forgotten list of series. I bite back a groan, slumped down on my chair with a frown, and forced myself to listen to the reminders.

An all-expense paid week long trip in the mountains where we will perform various activities that will enhance our skills and will serve as training for our future endeavours after we graduate.

Although very beneficial for me, I couldn't help but feel anxious. These things required social skills and mine are almost nonexistent. I wasn't physically fit either. Additionally, mountains! Bugs! Unknown creatures! Big foot! Could it get any better? Not.

"Dismissed."

With a frown still etched on my face, I stood up, swinging my bag over my shoulder ready to leave. "Hey, Pororo!" Hyunjin called, leaning over our classroom's window. "I assume you did well on your exams based on your very bright expression?" He said sarcastically.

I sneered back in return.

Before I could speak, Bang Chan nudged me. "Damn, right she did." He walked over to Hyunjin. "How about you, huh? Did you do well on your Calculus exam?" He drawled out.

I couldn't stop the confusion that surfaced its way on my face. Why was he speaking like that?

Hyunjin gave the most awkward laugh, nudging Bang Chan rather hardly. "You bet, thanks to Pororo." He beamed a closed-lip smile.

"'Thanks to Pororo' my ass." Jisung popped up beside him.

"Hey, I'm a good tutor!" I defended myself.

Jisung waved a hand dismissively. "Oh, I'm not questioning your skills. The comment was for him." He motioned at Hyunjin using his head.

Hyunjin let out another awkward laugh, muttering something to the two. Feeling a little out of place, I started to walk away.

"Heading home?" Hyunjin asked as we joined the mass of students exiting their rooms.

"When did my whereabouts concern you?" I asked, strategically dodging shoulders.