t h i r t y - n i n e

c h a p t e r  39

To: Changbin
I'm on my way out.

I typed, half my attention on my phone and half on shrugging the straps of my bag over my shoulders.

I was never in a rush whenever we were dismissed before. I've always waited for the room to clear out since I thought that we will all get out either way so what's the point? But this time, I found myself scrambling to my feet to be able to be the first out the door.

The adviser let us out 15 minutes later than usual for reasons I have yet to find out since I was at the edge of my seat the whole time because Changbin had texted me 30 minutes ago that he had already arrived and was waiting outside the gates! Although he had said that he did not mind waiting, I still felt utterly guilty for making him do so— hence the rush.

I, myself, did not mind waiting for people but that didn't mean that others didn't too.

Upon hitting send, I let out a what I think is a groan —but probably sounded more like a goat with tuberculosis— when my nose hit a very solid object. The said object turned around with a giggle. It was Bang Chan. How can a back be so hard?

I held my nose, still groaning. "Damn it. Do you take steroids or some shit?" I hissed.

He laughed before flexing his arms. "No. It's all natural." He smiled, his dimple showing. "Why are you rushing, anyway?" He raised his brows in question, walking alongside me out the door.

My nose crinkled in discomfort before I focused back on twisting the straps of my bag. I almost cursed when it refused to cooperate. "Changbin's waiting for me outside." I murmured, glaring at the fabric. I puffed when my bag was snatched away from me. "Hey—"

Hyunjin easily twisted the straps before spinning me by the shoulders, inserting both my arms to hang it on my back properly. "T-Thank you." I looked him in the eye. He only gave a brief nod with a small smile. He looked away but still walked next with us. I did not know what to feel.

"Changbin?" Bang Chan's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Why is he waiting for you?" His brows furrowed.

I scratched on my neck, feeling a little awkward with Hyunjin next to us. "We're gonna go shopping..?" I asked more than said.

"Shopping?" Bang Chan seemed surprised.

I nodded, stealing a glance at Hyunjin who kept silent next to us.

Jisung appeared next to him with a huge grin. "Ooh! Shopping! I want to come!" He bounced on his feet.

"Me too! Me too!" Jeongin appeared next to him.

"Hey. We can't just tag along! You haven't even asked if it's okay with Miso yet." Bang Chan shook his head.

As if on cue, the two whip their head towards me. I blinked several times when they looked up at me with their doe eyes. I kid you not they were literally sparkling it was impossible to say no. If anyone were to say no to them, only God himself can be able to.

They cheered just as we reached the building's exit.

"Changbin!" Chan, Jisung, and Jeongin jogged up to the gates.