e p i l o g u e

Hyunjin's Point of View

I approached her lone figure that was sitting on the sand. She was hugging her knees, staring into the horizon. Her once braided hair now fell into waves behind her. She did not bother fixing it, letting the wind brush it.

It was nearing midnight and the wind was blowing which complimented the calming waves of the ocean.

I placed my coat over her shoulders and kept quiet when I sat next to her. She spared me no glance. We sat there for a while, staring into nothingness. We ignored the distant sounds of the on-going party of her mother's wedding. With a sigh, she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Am I a bad daughter for ditching my mother's after party?" She asked softly.

My heart broke at her voice.

"No." I said firmly.

A sharp intake of breath and then the sleeves of my shirt began to dampen. She was crying. I pressed my eyes shut to repress the urge of looking at her. I knew for a fact that she rested her head over my shoulder since she did not want to be seen crying. I respected that, although I had to dig my hands onto the sand because it was simply too difficult.

I wanted nothing more but to wipe her tears away.

"Am I a bad person if I said that I was not happy with my mother getting married?" She asked, her voice smaller.

Fuck it.

I switched my position from sitting beside her to kneeling in front of her. I wasted no time in dusting my hands before cradling her face and wiping her tears. She looked up at me, her eyes filled with tears, looking so guilty.

"You have every right to feel whatever emotion you want. That will never make you a bad person." I looked right into her eyes. "You're allowed to feel, Miso." I said softly. "Your feelings are just as valid as everyone else's. Stop invalidating yourself." I added, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Her lips quivered as her head fell, seeming to be ashamed. My heart fell with her tears.

I pulled her to my chest, hugging her. She sobbed quietly and I let her as I brushed her hair softly. I hated how she limited herself from everything.

"You're not alone, Miso." I murmured. "I'm always gonna be here."

She gripped on my shirt, dampening my shirt even more. When she mumbled something about ruining my shirt and began to move away, I pulled her closer.

I could not care less about the damn thing. I'd let her destroy all my clothes if it meant having her close.

When she had calmed down, I slowly pulled away to look at her. She kept her swollen eyes down on the sand, sniffing slightly. With a pout, she took several shuddering breaths. She looked more than a child than ever, I felt guilty for finding her adorable.

"I've been meaning to ask.." She started, her fingers slowly drawing random figures onto the sand. I bite back a smile when her already burning cheeks glowed even more. "Why do you like me?" She mumbled, avoiding my eyes. "I mean, when, I guess?" She added, unsure.

She wanted to change the subject.

I leaned back onto the sand with my arms propped up behind me as I kept my eyes on her.