Matchmade In Prom💞 Pt. 1

Reminder that this is my first story part, pls forgive me if anything is wrong! Thank u^^

Btw the art isn't mine

Warning: this chapter might be a little too cheesy(okay maybe little is not really little-)

A small A/n

Friend name : f/n

Second friend's name : f2/n

It was the end of your fourth school year in high school, and the students have been planning a prom night, with the teachers' consent of course. But your year of students being the most spontaneous the teachers have ever taught, this prom night is going to be absolutely unforgettable. The student council presidents have decided to accomplish that one thing within that one night of prom: matchmake. Yes, it sounds cheesy, many have thought that once they heard about this, but since in their opinion, was a good age to start dating, they decided to do it.

You were literally grasping your skirt, hearing the news. You already had one guy in mind, and never ever would you ever give him up, unless there wasn't a choice. Yes, that guy is the guy that held the title of The Magician  in your class. It was Kaito Kuroba. You knew that many girls despised him for peeking at their underwear, but something about him made you feel a certain way for him. You have conversed with him for a little, but you were sure that you were just a friend to him, as rumors have been going around talking about his crush being Aoko. And from what you have been examined, it seems that the rumors were true.

Everytime you see Kaito, Aoko was always there, being too close to him in your opinion. Everytime that happens, she would always seem flustered, a light shade of rosy pink on her cheeks. A huge pang of jealousy will always hit you. Hard. Whenever the class shouts "The Superstar Lovebirds are here!". Yes, they do look perfect with each other, whenever we took a class photo, the duo would look like a flawless pair. After all, they have been friends for forever. There's no way you can compete with Aoko for his attention. Everyone that admired him knew that. Your friends have always tried to cheer you up, and draw Kaito's attention to you. But to no avail, Aoko would always be there to ruin their plan. You remembered that one time they tried to turn Kaito's attention on you, which worked. But it was an absolutely terrible plan. They made you wear cat ears in front of him, making you a flustered mess and your face red as heck. He laughed, saying that you looked cute and walked away. As he walked away, you just stood there, mouth agape, not being able to process what just happened. That was the only moment you were noticed by that guy you could never get.

You wondered how the matchmaking would go, hoping the person you get would be him, Kuroba-kun. But you knew that chance was slim, knowing that he the student council president would probably cheat the system and put Aoko and Kaito together. That unfortunately, was a huge possibility of happening. All you could do is just to wish upon a wishing star, for your hope to come true. You stared outside the window, falling into oblivion, as you slowly blocked out the teacher's lecturing.

Little did you know, someone was staring at you from behind with starstruck eyes.

Walking home from school

You and your friends were walking together, hoping to have enough time to drop by your favorite café for a bite. Your friends were chatting happily, about the upcoming prom night, awaiting the time they would find their matchmade partner, while you stayed quiet, looking down at the road. Your friends noticed how gloomy you had been for the past few minutes, and tried to cheer you up. "Oh! Uh, y/n, have you and Kaito been hooking up?" f/n said, wiggling her eyebrows at you. You just blushed, but said nothing. "Oh come on! Just cheer up my girl! You would never know if he feels the same for you." your other friend, f2/n said.